smoked & led bulbed 08+ tails

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
anyone have the led bulbs in stock 08+ tail lights that are smoked.

have a set of smoked led tail lights but I like the 08+ look better since the smoked led tail lights will fit back to a 99 and see more and more of those tails down here........

F15CrewDawg

Reaction score
I'll be home in a couple hours, I'll get you some picks of mine.
:edit: Mine are nightshade's not an aftermarket smoked lens.

F15CrewDawg

Reaction score
They were too bright to get a good picture at night. It's dim enough out now for these to give you an idea of what they would look like.

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Need some pictures of a standard bulb vs LED

My lenses are DARK but haven't had anyone complain about how the lighting is.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score

F15CrewDawg

Reaction score
Standard bulb on the driver's side and Retro's LEDs on the passenger side. The LEDs get through the smoked lens a lot better than the stocker, at least in my opinion.

IMAG0115.jpg
IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

And some more of the Cree reverse bulbs

IMAG0120.jpg

big blue

Reaction score
I really want to do the 08 tail lights with the leds. What bulbs are you all using? Any specific part number or brand I should go with and I would like to get the lense smoked too is that just a good spray that you all are doing by yourselves or are you all taking it to get it done?

F15CrewDawg

Reaction score
I got my bulbs at retro-solutions.com It's been a while but I think you just need the one that fits your socket. They have charts and a bulb finder on the site if memory serves me. I did the tails with VHT Nightshades. Both Autozone and Advance carry it around here. Usually around the header/engine paint with the other VHT stuff. Just be careful with it, it gets dark quick if you use too much.

VanoFord

Reaction score
well damn i was gonna get a set of recons leds but i might as well just save the coin and get some bulbs like you guys. thanks! i'll be making my order now so I have something to do this weekend. looks real good. can you guys get a night shot of your reverse leds as looking from the cab? they seem to peer through the niteshade real well still which surprises me. thanks!

one2nine

Reaction score
well damn i was gonna get a set of recons leds but i might as well just save the coin and get some bulbs like you guys. thanks! i'll be making my order now so I have something to do this weekend. looks real good. can you guys get a night shot of your reverse leds as looking from the cab? they seem to peer through the niteshade real well still which surprises me. thanks!

Mine are actually painted and pretty dark so even the cree bulbs still seem not enough with how dark my lights are. For a mildly smoked lens they would be more than enough. I have them in the fiancé's expedition and they're awesome with a clear lens. Honestly I'd stay away from any recon product. Many members on here including me have had issues with they're products. Trying to get them to back they're product as well is like pulling teeth.

Zmann

Reaction score
X-2 on no Recon

I wish I would have done the 08 before I bought My cree's since the 07 - is a different bulb . those look nice even though smoked isn't for Me ..

as far as the fast flash I would fix it also I have a fast flash now telling Me I have a bulb out ,, I like that and would hate to not be informed of the roblem

VanoFord

Reaction score
i'm actually pretty amazed at how many of you guys keep saying Recon has bad products. i think i may be the odd man out that never had an issue w/ them, but i think i'll definitely be staying away from them since so many of you repeatedly comment negatively. just ordered my bulbs. don't tell the wife i just dropped a BILL on light bulbs :lookaround:

Latest posts

Members online