smokes at start up

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
I just bought a 99 f250. The last owner was tired of putting money and time into his truck so he sold it to me. Runs ok. Has miss when cold and smokes like crazy. It clears up when driving and once it warms up. Any ideas on were to start looking. thanks.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
He had replaced most of them over the past year or so. Passed buzz test. failed contribution test for #5 first try. next three times #8 came up. I don't know how many he replaced. So only going on what he said. That is why i bought the truck. Hoping injectors would cure the problem

Arisley

Reaction score
Does it do it when you plug it in for a couple hours before starting it? If not, I would start with the glow plug system. If it still does it, I would start with injectors.

20007.3L

Reaction score
Does it do it when you plug it in for a couple hours before starting it? If not, I would start with the glow plug system. If it still does it, I would start with injectors.

Could be the GP system as well! Change thhose out wile your their!

Reaction score
mine does it all the time replaced injectors and all glow plugs and relay and still does it, nothing wrong on my truck like whitish smoke that just burns the eyes

Arisley

Reaction score
Ummmmm, it is really hard trying to help two people in one thread. Please start your own thread, even if it seems like the same issue, it probably is not. Helping two people in the same thread gets everybody confused and pissed off.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Check and make sure your u.v.c.h.'s are good, and if good, replace your #5 injector, #8 injector shows up a lot of the time on 7.3's, #3 is common too, the cps sensor is to blame for #'s 3&8 most of the time, hut they of course can go bad like any other injector. Change the fuel filter too, if you havent already

CSIPSD

Reaction score
WTF? What would the CPS have to do with this? Why does everyone on the internet seem to think the CPS is the fix all for everything 7.3 related.

Good lord.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.