Snake's build (2005 - present)

20007.3L

Reaction score
Thanks man! Glad you said something actually. I'm going to try to be more patient and understanding with my replies. I don't want to be "that" guy.

I had to restrict exhaust flow so 7.3's could keep up.

Well, that didn't last long. LOL

Ouch! That stung a lil bit!

Truck looks good

jdc753

Reaction score
Thanks man! Glad you said something actually. I'm going to try to be more patient and understanding with my replies. I don't want to be "that" guy.

I had to restrict exhaust flow so 7.3's could keep up.

Well, that didn't last long. LOL

All in one post LOL stick to it, it works.

Mdub707

Reaction score
What are we waiting for here! I know there's going to be a few really good one's soon! V3!

Snake

Reaction score
Somewhere around this time I also installed an AIRAID cold air intake. Pics were lost when my old computer crashed. Zero performance gain, but the filter is much easier to access. LOL

On a related note, I've been running AIRAID's oiled filter since 2005. I've cleaned and oiled the filter every 5,000 miles and haven't fouled my MAF sensor yet (knock on wood). Granted, the truck doesn't see desert like conditions, but I haven't seen any dust or debris make it past the filter.

One of these days I may go to a dry filter because all the advertising says they're better. LOL

Snake

Reaction score
LOL

Realized today that I needed to find pics of the stereo. Worst case scenario I'll jus take some new ones. :D

jdc753

Reaction score
LOL

Realized today that I needed to find pics of the stereo. Worst case scenario I'll jus take some new ones. :D

Finally, getting to the good stuff. I still have some pics of the console saved on my photobucket.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Anyone else recognize this ugly truck?? :flipa:LOL:rockon: I know it has different mirrors on it now!!

IMG_3362_zpsb3ec6294.png

Mike you're taking way too long!! More pics!!!

Snake

Reaction score
Within a few months I also realized I was going to be spending a lot of time in my truck and used this to justify a stereo upgrade. Components I went with:

Kenwood DDX-6019 head unit with nav
JL 500/5 amp
Boston Acoustic 6.5" separates (front)
Boston Acoustic 5x7 plate speakers (rear)
(2) JL 10" subs

Originally the subs were behind the back seat in a box from Supercrew Sound, but I knew I was leaving a lot on the table. The subs made contact with the rear of the back seat and were also jammed in there pretty tight. After I moved to FL, I had a custom center console built for the subs. The subs fire downward and the box sits about 1" off the floor. Amazingly, the console uses the OEM mounts in the floor and retains the top half of the OEM console. The sub box is also wrapped in the OEM Harley leather.

IMG_0975_zpsa048413b.jpg

IMG_0979_zps822536ee.jpg

IMG_0997_zps58e91e3a.jpg

IMG_1007_zps5b6ad9d2.jpg

The amp was initially bolted to the floor under the back seat but was relocated to a custom amp rack behind the rear seat at the same time the sub box was being constructed.

IMG_1006_zps00357d09.jpg

IMG_0987_zps7f7af0cc.jpg

IMG_0990_zpsb2aebde3.jpg

IMG_0992_zps0c7cbdc7.jpg

The doors as they are currently, and I’m not 100% happy with a lot of things. They’ll get re-done with Hertz components: tweeters in the sail panels, 6.5” mids in the doors, and a 3” mid-bass where the tweeters are now. And more sound deadening material.

IMG_0965_zps308565bb.jpg

Figured if I was going to upgrade the audio, I should add some video.

OEM visor with a monitor added. Wrapped in leather.

IMG_0983_zps19627d0e.jpg

Head rest monitors

IMG_0980_zpsffa4b0ba.jpg

The Kenwood head unit may be the next thing to get replaced. It’s old and things are soooo much better now.

Snake

Reaction score
The two guys at the track gave you this reaction when you took off your sunglasses. LOL LOL

friday-damn_zps2a16b1a7.jpg

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Subscribing! Looks like I'm going Togo through a lot of popcorn waiting on the next installment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.