So hard to choose what turbo setup I want

swinky

Reaction score
Although my truck with 190s and 68 vgt was faster than other members with 225s and a s366. Same model year and body configuration.
Yeah yeah bench racing......

Your times really are impressive though. I hope to have better times than you when I'm running mine with functional head gaskets and more than 20 psi of fuel pressure.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I had 100% factory suspension 33psi front 40psi rear but was sent home for pushing coolant on the track. The guys running slick cars probably wanted to shoot me lol.

swinky

Reaction score
I had 100% factory suspension 33psi front 40psi rear but was sent home for pushing coolant on the track. The guys running slick cars probably wanted to shoot me lol.
Lol I've been kicked off two tracks for pushing coolant. I'll be sure to let you know how mine does. A friendly vgt vs non vgt competition never hurt nobody

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
If you guys ever raced a 2wd slick vehicle you wouldn't even get near a track if your truck was pucking. I would recommend fixing your headgaskets before hitting the track

scparrish

Reaction score
the lower rpms with non vgt can make for a more laggy ride. I have ran bigger vgt, 366, and a 362 with larger tires and the vgt is the least laggy. I am a non vgt supporter with the correct supporting mods

swinky

Reaction score
If you guys ever raced a 2wd slick vehicle you wouldn't even get near a track if your truck was pucking. I would recommend fixing your headgaskets before hitting the track
Cabs off mine right now. Luckily the guys at the track caught it both times.

This thing just needs to quit blowing gaskets.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Basic track etiquette. You don't push it if you think there's a problem.

I wish that was the only problem we have at our local track! Damn local retards pulling up to the line in their Z-71, mud graps and A/C blasting, dripping condensate all over the place!:fustrate:

cbf9703

Reaction score
I wish that was the only problem we have at our local track! Damn local retards pulling up to the line in their Z-71, mud graps and A/C blasting, dripping condensate all over the place!:fustrate:

completely agreed there. Also those who dont clean out their bed and have debris fly out on the track, guys who haven't learned how to stage or (worse yet) those who want to play staging games on test-n-tune nights. Those that don't bring their helmet to the staging lanes and then want to argue about it, well it's just one pass... or guys who try and run without a cage when they're too fast and then get all butt hurt when track officials shut them down while the rest of us wait.

I have a whole list, but I think it basically boils down to people who want to come and show off how badass their truck is without having an appreciation for the sport of racing and common sense. Yes, it's about pushing your truck and trying to get that new personal best, but it's also about everyone getting to race.

248superduty

Reaction score
Well I think I'm going to run the CED up pipes and s362 fmw, be diesel exhaust manifolds, and a diesel dr intake mani.

swinky

Reaction score
Intake mani is kind of a waste with a stock intercooler and these heads that don't flow anything.

swinky

Reaction score
wrong.

to the op...go with an apex or something-not diesel dr.
I haven't seen anything that would make me buy an intake mani before an intercooler. Sure they make good gains on a bench but an intercooler is a better investment imo.

You have a ported manifold?

sootie

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that would make me buy an intake mani before an intercooler. Sure they make good gains on a bench but an intercooler is a better investment imo.

You have a ported manifold?

yes i do.

not saying an intercooler is a bad thing or a non-important thing but ported intake manifolds are underestimated imo

the throttle response alone sells me on them.

Latest posts

Members online