so how many of you have it?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
That annoying little oil drip off the bell housing...how many have it? Seems like mine is getting a little worse but I don't know of its worth tearing into again. I've already done the bed plate and rear main. Where else should I look? I'm not ruling out the bedplate again either but mostly im curios how many have it.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Knock on wood....the only leak I have is coolant from the degas bottle. LOL

not a single oil leak anywhere.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Just start looking from the top and work your way down. Check the oil pressure sending unit, it is the single wired sensor on top of oil cooler. A cracked top hot side cac boot can eventually spew enough oil to where it will drip down the motor. Those are just to name a few possibilities. Wash the motor really good top and bottom at the car wash or in your driveway with some gunk degreaser and then check over everything. There are many possibilities. But starting with everything clean will make it easier to pinpoint IMO.

chappy

Reaction score
Mine leaks but I also found two bolts for the valve cover at the rear of the engine backed almost all the way out. When they changed the injectors on the truck they forgot those two rear ones or were two lazy kinda like the ficm mount missing the two rear bolts and all the loosed intercooler clamps. I have not sprayed it off to see if the oil is still dripping or not.

Atsah

Reaction score
Ya, I got it.. About the size of a dime in the morning on the ground.. It's done it for three years, never has gotten any worse..

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
My 6.4L has done this since new and has never had work done to it. My cousins 6.4L does it as well, its super super super annoying but I don't think there is much I can do about it.

Atsah

Reaction score
I agree, it is annoying.. My sister just bought a new Dodge dually loaded for like 55K and that leaks as well so I guess were not alone.. LOL

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I agree, it is annoying.. My sister just bought a new Dodge dually loaded for like 55K and that leaks as well so I guess were not alone.. LOL

Definitely not alone, my 6.7L cummins does the exact same thing only slightly worse. haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.