So much for durability....

08stroker350

Reaction score
Truck has been sitting for a week now in my garage. Just got off early so I was going to fire it up and take it for a drive. Luckily I looked under the truck to find that there is a small amount of coolant I believe (clear, no real smell) and the coolant is down about and inch... FML

Any suggestions on what it could be ??
:fustrate:

08stroker350

Reaction score
Last thing I did was wash the truck and engine, then drive it a little bit and let idle for for about 30 minutes then drove a couple blocks home and parked it.... could it be a cracked block ???

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Highly doubt you cracked the block. My guess would be either a leaky radiator which they are know for, or a leak in the radiator hose which they have an updated version of. If it's a radiator your best bet is to pick up an all aluminum one for one of our venders.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Little bit of searching on your end would have yielded answers to this pretty basic, and well known, issue you probably have with your radiator. One way or another, spend more time investigating and trying to solve the issue with your truck and less starting pointless threads about it.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Could be the coolant hose, check that it's not leaking on the elbow where it exits the front of the block. You can see the elbow if you look through the fender well in front of the coil bucket on the drivers side. Mine leaked there and ford has a new updated part to fix the issue.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Highly doubt you cracked the block. My guess would be either a leaky radiator which they are know for, or a leak in the radiator hose which they have an updated version of. If it's a radiator your best bet is to pick up an all aluminum one for one of our venders.

:whs:
IIRC the white paint on the end of hose is the updated (double o-ring).

F.X.5

Reaction score
Could be the coolant hose, check that it's not leaking on the elbow where it exits the front of the block. You can see the elbow if you look through the fender well in front of the coil bucket on the drivers side. Mine leaked there and ford has a new updated part to fix the issue.

Wasn't someone working on making a more durable aftermarket hose to replace this? I remember reading about it but can't remember who or where lol Damn getting old!

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Wasn't someone working on making a more durable aftermarket hose to replace this? I remember reading about it but can't remember who or where lol Damn getting old!

I honestly don't recall seeing that! So far the new one from Ford is working good, I hope it stays that way haha

mclean

Reaction score
So you washed your truck in the cold, drove it, which freezes the water, parked it in your garage, which melts it again...and you are freaking out?

You can tell if it is coolant...it will be oily and green

08stroker350

Reaction score
Its coolant 100%. Degas bottle is even down 1". Taking it into ford tomorrow and they might replace whatever is leaking under a re-call even though it out of warranty or I will have to pay them to do it. Cant tell exactly where its leaking from because it has been drying in there for a week ... I'm thinking water pump but ill know more tomorrow. This IS my first diesel truck and I've been working 14 hour days for 30+ days now so bear with me when I don't have time/great knowledge on this truck. Little bit of a learning curve coming from driving half ton trucks .......

Latest posts

Members online