So this happened today...

hopefulHP

Reaction score
A 16 year old girl blew a stop sign and hit me, I swerved like crazy or she would have slammed into the cab, pretty crazy this is all that happened for a 40 mph impact. The one thing is that my wheel is dinged up and I think something is bent or my axle moved. The truck vibrates like crazy at 80 mph but at 65 rides smooth.
36caf685e4d733dd29be01731a3bf540.jpg
1811ccc4bdc6eb5ef9d4a7064e50483d.jpg
44689219f4165822808fddb082e8cd31.jpg
anybody been in a similar situation?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
That's not bad man considering her speed. Good call on swerving because I think the cab wouldn't have fared so well. I'm sure the wheel being hit could have made the balance go out of wack. I guess an easy way would be to jack up the rear and put some jackets da under the rear end and put the truck in gear and see if the wheel is out of wack at all.

Charles

hopefulHP

Reaction score
Yeah I'll do that tomorrow and see what's going on, it vibrates harder than hell so it should be easy to find. Yeah I think considering the speed that's not too bad, the roads were wet too so I'm sure that helped me out. Hopefully they buy me a new wheel or let me put that money towards a new set of wheels! I'm just hoping that nothing major is bent underneath because she hit me hard enough that it spun me 180 degrees!

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Man my phone murdered the word jackstands in my above post lol. I had to do the same with my truck to rule out bad wheels when I had some horrible vibration in my truck. Mine ended up being due to knockoff toyo Chinese tires lol. The amps were horrible. Is the truck pulling to any side or is it just bad vibration. You could also stick a gopro camera on your truck if you have 1 to check out the rear end while driving if everything looks good with the wheels. You could also swap the wheels to the front to see if the shake goes into your steering wheel.

Charles

hopefulHP

Reaction score
I don't have a go pro but it doesn't pill just vibrates like crazy. I'll check it out tomorrow. It almost looks like it slid the axle over. I'm not sure how possible that is but that's what I think it is

sootie

Reaction score
bent axle i would guess as well as a fubared rim. i hope you get covered on the repair. if you arent footing the bill make sure they replace the box side with an OEM one....

Latest posts

Members online