so what is ''safe'' power level for the 6.7

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I have basically what Jon had setup wise (turbo and tuning) and the truck is a BLAST!! Can't go wrong with that swap on an 11-14. I'll do the streetmax down the road unless I can convince the prettier half that I NEED the H&S kit!!

Keith

WHY NOT

Reaction score
There are plenty of trucks out there now living at a high hp range but like anything you have to realize they can blow up at stock power or when they are pushing an extra 75% power over stock they can live but the potential is always there for some carnage. Just have to be ready for it.

Sent from my I fone 5

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Check out this guy dseitler. I believe he is making somewhere in the mid 600 range on a non-vgt turbo and dual fuelers.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Check out this guy dseitler. I believe he is making somewhere in the mid 600 range on a non-vgt turbo and dual fuelers.

Yep , and he beats on it. As well there's an extra can sb in San antonio that runs mid 11's , makes 680 on a bad day and 705 on a good one , and has almost 100 passes down the track . Tuning is key , in the beginning nobody knew the bottom end fuel with the 11-14 turbo was such a time bomb. Now look , when's the last time you saw a 6.7 with the rods hanging out ? Very rare now and tuning is the common denominator .

oscard0215

Reaction score
with all these talks about bumps in power.. my question is. how much will the stock trans take before even thinking about or needing a built one?? thinking about deleting her here in the next few weeks or so.

CurtisF

Reaction score
This thread is like deja vu for the 7.3L PMR motors....

It's not the horsepower level that everyone should be looking at, it's the torque. Torque is your best indicator of cylinder pressure, and cylinder pressure is what pops rods.

Figure out the approximate torque range that a 6.7L can handle, and then tune accordingly.

jcain

Reaction score
i'd say it's torque below a specific rpm and the speed (time elapsed) in which that torque is applied. And traction (load)...

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
i'd say it's torque below a specific rpm and the speed (time elapsed) in which that torque is applied. And traction (load)...

This.

For the tranny question
People are running around on like 650+ hp on a stock tranny but if you are guna beat the crap out of the truck then you can have a failed tranny at 500 hp.

oscard0215

Reaction score
This.

For the tranny question
People are running around on like 650+ hp on a stock tranny but if you are guna beat the crap out of the truck then you can have a failed tranny at 500 hp.

not even close to 650 and don't rag on her either.. thanks brotha just made my decision to delete a lot easier.

Latest posts

Members online