Soot everywhere

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
Check the EBP tube. Mine got a hole up at the front and the soot would get all mixed up in the fan and it covered every piece of the motor.

Arisley

Reaction score
Or cracked manifold, or down pipe, or an EGR cooler leak. :rolleyes:

Manifolds and down pipe are good. Can't find the EGR cooler.

What do you have for a turbo set up???

Cowboy dan::: EGR COOLER LEAK... LOL you are a mess..

H2E.

Uppies or manifolds.

Cowboy dan...LOL

Almost positive it's uppies

Flux capacitor.

I always forget about the flux capacitor. Could also be fractured Dylithium crystals.

Check the EBP tube. Mine got a hole up at the front and the soot would get all mixed up in the fan and it covered every piece of the motor.

No EBPV tube. Been gone for 100K miles or more.

It's the uppies. Car Quest discontinued the donuts we used to get from them, found another part though. Felpro # is 8194. $1.99 each.

With the H2E it should be a lot easier than the stock ones.

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
I assume you have the Hypermax kit. Did anyone ever make bellowed up pipes for that kit. I wonder if Irate couldn't whip some up for those who still use/want the T4i turbo kits.

Now that I think about it some more, Carson has a T4i kit with bellowed uppipes. I wonder if they would fit a Hypermax kit.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the Hypermax kit. Been wondering about bellowed uppies for it. If I had a motor on the ground, I would think about pulling my turbo off and mounting it on the motor so I could fab up a set myself.

SDstroker

Reaction score
You need these
IMG_3022.jpg

02BigD

Reaction score
I always forget about the flux capacitor. Could also be fractured Dylithium crystals.

I know someone that can help...

geordi_la_forge.jpg

On edit; Carson's kits are nice. No issues at all in 20,000 miles so far.

Last edited:

cowboy_dan

Reaction score

Replace the Dylithium crystals with dihydrogen monoxide sheets. Roll them up and use a piston compressor to drop them in the can. Works better and lasts longer than stock. If you can find some intersecting parallel threads, that helps too.

Latest posts

Members online