******* SOTF release

Notneb

Reaction score
So is the concensus that the previous TUNES were better than the older ones??

Reason I ask is because I have NOT installed my sotf yet. Reading reviews from several of you wanting the old files back makes me hesitant.

The 600QR on the SOTF isn't unlivable with, it's just not as aggressive as the nGauge one with shifting. It's still a great tune, just not as firm shifting as those of us with the nGauge 600QR are used to.

Another thing to think about, is Sp@rtan shipped these out to everyone at one time, instead of testers first, then general population, so there are still some bugs to work out. The other thing is they have to deal with out of house production, which I wouldn't wish on anyone... Sp@rtan takes all the heat for problems they can't control *TPMS*.

I wouldn't hesitate at all, just having the ability to cruise around comfortably on a lower tune, then rolling that switch up and roasting ricers: Priceless...

Notneb

Reaction score
Can't you email those files to someone who needs them? I mean I have all the tunes downloaded and save on my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you can, but don't quote me on it. I'll touch base with Matt when he's not busy, but I did send him an email regarding this.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can, but don't quote me on it. I'll touch base with Matt when he's not busy, but I did send him an email regarding this.

Just saw your email on this. Anyone having trouble with the download link; check your firewall and anti-virus settings. The link is responding and working on our end, firewalls and anti-virus sometimes don't like zip folders packed as .exe's. If you are still having problems, just contact our tech support and we will figure out an alternative method of delivery.

As far as the power on the 600 is concerned:

These are the hybrid trans files discussed earlier, so it will act and behave as a non-enhanced trans file under all conditions other than WOT. It seems that a few guys aren't seeing full lockup at WOT in 2nd and 3rd with larger tires.

What I plan to do is release an update next week (it will be a comprehensive v2 update across the board) that also includes an enhanced trans option once again, since so many people have asked for it. I think many of you have gotten used to the feel of it and enjoyed it. It's simple enough for us to make a build with that option, so I'll just give everyone the choice. I'm not sure exactly how it will work with the 400HP option as we've not tested it on that low of a setting, but as far as I can tell most of you seem to be using 500 and up, so I'll be adding it back in.

Ipkyss

Reaction score

Not the sotf. You need the new license to go with it. The tunes 400-550 seem great. No reason not to update. You don't loose anything. I just made a new folder on the sd card for all my old tunes. Loaded the new stuff. Then went back and placed the original 550qr,600qr and stock tune back into the custom tuning folder. I will say as said above. The original 600qr is a badass tune and will spoil anyone. That being said. I don't feel safe running the sotf 600qr. The shifts just feel too mushy. I am sure that will be updated. Matt and the ******* team has been great with the updates over the recent months.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Not the sotf. You need the new license to go with it. The tunes 400-550 seem great. No reason not to update. You don't loose anything. I just made a new folder on the sd card for all my old tunes. Loaded the new stuff. Then went back and placed the original 550qr,600qr and stock tune back into the custom tuning folder. I will say as said above. The original 600qr is a badass tune and will spoil anyone. That being said. I don't feel safe running the sotf 600qr. The shifts just feel too mushy. I am sure that will be updated. Matt and the ******* team has been great with the updates over the recent months.

Just want to make a note that the desired slip times are the same between the SOTF trans option and what you were running before. The actual time to complete the shift is the same, it just isn't felt as that "click" in the drivetrain without the converter locked in the enhanced trans files. I'm sure you can imagine that you won't get the same feel with a shift under a fluid coupling vs a mechanical coupling (with the converter fully locked).

It's 100% safe to run; there will be no clutch slippage difference between the two. I'm sure you will still prefer the enhanced trans option, and as mentioned, I'm adding it back in.

hunter.b

Reaction score
I've spent a couple thousand dollars on tunes, and I couldn't be happier with the soft. I loved the 600qr but with having the option to switch hp levels is just awesome to me!!! Hats off to all of you at ******* always on point ,and your tech department is some of the best!!! Always exited for new updates!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just want to make a note that the desired slip times are the same between the SOTF trans option and what you were running before. The actual time to complete the shift is the same, it just isn't felt as that "click" in the drivetrain without the converter locked in the enhanced trans files. I'm sure you can imagine that you won't get the same feel with a shift under a fluid coupling vs a mechanical coupling (with the converter fully locked).

It's 100% safe to run; there will be no clutch slippage difference between the two. I'm sure you will still prefer the enhanced trans option, and as mentioned, I'm adding it back in.

Makes perfect sense to me. I am just too use to the enhanced tunes. I typically let it shift to 2nd or 3rd locked up and then hammer into it. Really puts the power to the ground. Can't say enough how much I appreciate The effort you guys are putting in with the different tune options.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just want to add. After spending the day driving around on the sotf 550 the shifting firmed up a lot and the convertor lock up is much better. Now switching to the 600 feels much better. It seems the sotf tune needs some miles to learn where the normal tunes are basically instantly ready to go.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm seeing this as well, I hope mine learns alittle more, I have a weird shift into 6th until I drive for awhile then it gets better. My non sotf 600qr had some amazing shifting. This shifting is still a far improvement over anything I ran on sct so I'm happy, especially with the sotf knob! Great job guys!

nlewman

Reaction score
When will these be avaliable for the 13s?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

vilim12

Reaction score
To be fair, the 600QR tune *non-SOTF* is a work of art... The low throttle shifting and throttle response is perfect... makes me reaaaal curious on the new rev's...

When you guys talk about the non sotf 600qr. Is that enhanced trans or no

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Posted a new thread concerning this, but will mention it here also in case anyone misses it:

Service announcement for current and potential ******* customers-

Following our release of shift-on-the-fly for 2015 and 2016 model 6.7 two weeks ago, current v1.0 release for 2013 and 2014 model years is complete and will be available starting tomorrow.

Please contact your preferred ******* dealers for sales, or us directly for tech support or other questions.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Wanted to update the thread and let everyone know that 2011/2012 Model Year 6.7 Powerstroke shift-on-the-fly is now available. Tech support will start sending out the first software downloads tomorrow.

Please contact your preferred dealer to purchase, if you are looking to pick one up.

chacecampbell

Reaction score
I would like to see a pict or 2 of the SOTF mounted on the interior of the truck. Also if anyone has picts of their ngauage mounted in the heat vent to the right of the steering wheel that would be great also. I just picked these items up need a little help with locating them. Thanks

JRLott

Reaction score
Did you read the thread? There are pics. Shouldn't be that difficult to mock up in the vent...much better than pics. If you choose to instal there, insulate the back very well, or it'll ruin it. I'm guessing by condensing water in it.

higherlife

Reaction score
8a9f70e6e1c7e841f350608c966da216.jpg

Not quite stock but thought I would throw it out there.

Here you go boss

Latest posts

Members online