Sounds like my ...but made not difference. (Video)

Blowby

Reaction score
Was chasing a squeak/squeal and a rhythmic noise in the front of the truck. Replaced the Idler pulley on top, passengers side and no change. Swapped the second idler pulley with the first pulley (1st one must be OK since it did not change the sound and looked just fine) and the squeak/squeal went away but the rhythmic noise is still there. Replaced the belt tensioner (original part w/140K miles) since it was a good preventative measure and no change.

Need some help if anyone can identify the noise.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Phone wont let me watch the video, but shall we assume you spun everything by hand with the belt off the engine? Have you started the truck wihout the belt for a minute to make sure it goes away? Is it doing it with the a/c both on and off???

Blowby

Reaction score
AC on /off, brake and PS active or not. I assumed the tensioner would be the culprit so I didn't spin anything when the belt was off.

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
When one of my lifters went bad I had a pop through the intake. Never noticed a chirp noise.
Here's my end result
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375799637.187384.jpg

Blowby

Reaction score
Update! :redspotdance:

Dropped it off at Haller's and Mike searched and was unable to have a definite culprit causing the noise. So they decided to use BG Engine Purge, ran for 30 min, drained and replaced with fresh oil then added an oil conditioner. I'm heading to the airport tomorrow morning so I'll keep you posted. So far I have not heard the squeak come back.

Thanks Jim and Mike. :clapping:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Update! :redspotdance:

Dropped it off at Haller's and Mike searched and was unable to have a definite culprit causing the noise. So they decided to use BG Engine Purge, ran for 30 min, drained and replaced with fresh oil then added an oil conditioner. I'm heading to the airport tomorrow morning so I'll keep you posted. So far I have not heard the squeak come back.

Thanks Jim and Mike. :clapping:

Same stuff fixed my 5.3 yukon good stuff

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Blowby

Reaction score
So the drive to the airport last week and the return tonight of about 100 miles was without a squeak. My fingers are crossed and I will call this case closed for now.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
That will be awesome if it doesn't come back time will tell but glad tgey helped you out

Blowby

Reaction score
2,500 miles and all is good. I did notice the front crank seal weeping now. I'm running a light weight oil with the conditioner so I'll be changing out to my normal oil later this week.

Just a follow up.:redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.