Sp@rtan boost pressure

Aganskow

Reaction score
So I installed the nGauge and a full ****** kit. It's on my '11. First let me say that this thing is awesome now. But I am having an issue with keeping my boost pipe on. It has popped off twice. I run 25- 40 psi on The Gauge on any one of the tunes. Is that normal? And anyone else have this problem, and how did u fix it. Thanks.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Its prob covered in oil from crankcase vent. Take it off, clean it well with brake cleaner or soap and scuff the surfaces up a little. Those pressures are normal

Aganskow

Reaction score
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure the psi was correct. I never seen over 20 psi on stock setup.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If your pushing 40lbs of boost you better save up for an instant turbo forced swap! That little turbo isn't going to live 100 miles at that pressure.

Aganskow

Reaction score
Ok. So what do I do? It's *******s programs. At 40hp setting its pushing 30 psi all day long. Along with every other tune. Is every one running that hi of boost on their ******* unit?

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok. So what do I do? It's *******s programs. At 40hp setting its pushing 30 psi all day long. Along with every other tune. Is every one running that hi of boost on their ******* unit?

28/29psi was max boost on my 2012 with H&S's canned tunes. Anything above that and you're living on borrowed time with that turbo. I honestly doubt you're getting the right readings if you're seeing 40psi. Like CAT said, at that kind of pressure, your turbo would've eaten itself by now...

CATDiezel

Reaction score

I would find another way to measure the boost pressure. That honestly doesn't seem right.

Maybe some other spart-an 11-14 users can chime in with what they are seeing as well. If that's the truth then spart-an needs to address that immediately!

bdm1981

Reaction score
I seen 38psi with my stock turbo when I had the SCT with GH and Inno tunes on. It would do it anytime I was really hitting it.It is possible and like everyone said your turbo won't live long spinning that turbo at 30 plus psi. Definitely need that addressed...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
HS Performance did have that ordeal addressed and dialed. A nice safe tune for everyone.

Aganskow

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what to do about the high boost level. But a little worried pulling anything with the truck. And I can't get my EGT to read either. 651 all day long. Tried every signal and even a new probe with no luck. Any one else's work or do I have a problem maybe with the tuner or the tunes they sent me?

Latest posts

Members online