Sp@rtan SOTF Knob Install w/ Pics

uga33

Reaction score
Thought I would snap some pics and do a quick write-up on this project. Really easy project, but some get apprehensive about pulling plastic interior pieces apart because of the 1000 different ways they are secured, so I thought I would throw some photos up. Most are choosing to mount in the 12V port on the driver's side of the dash. That's where I did mine:

*Use a small flathead or something similar to get behind the plastic. Apply a little pressure and the clips will release.

IMG_2434_zpstyqviyfu.jpg

*Pull the two clips on the side of the 12V outlet and pull the plug out the front.

IMG_2436_zpsr9mv0qtw.jpg

IMG_2438_zpsk5tg7fmv.jpg

*Loosen the set screw on the knob to remove it.

IMG_2439_zpso7ndar7u.jpg

*I used a 3/8" fender washer. The pic shows it on the back side, but I felt putting it on the front side allowed the set screw on the knob to engage better. That is what I ended up doing. I glued the washer to the plastic as I didn't want the whole assembly to have the chance to rotate. If you do, make sure the hole is in the center or the knob will rub the side of the hole and be hard to turn. 1/2" wrench or socket to tighten jam nut.

IMG_2446_zpstvsojfxb.jpg

*All that's left now is to pull the wire through the big rubber grommet in the firewall under the dash and plug it in to the CAC air temp sensor. I used a large zip tie as a fish tape to pull the wire through. I also removed the fender liner for pics. It made the routing of the wire really easy, but it isn't necessary.

IMG_2448_zpsd3sjdw2q.jpg

IMG_2451_zpsxivroxzp.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2452_zpsrw433cdr.jpg

*Finished product.

IMG_2457_zpsyhkzgs3u.jpg

Big thanks to Jeremy at No Limit for the speedy shipping. I love the factory look of it. Really liked the look of the demo Matt posted awhile back that had the power levels shown. Thought about trying to make that happen, but I'll get to it later. Really easy install. Really nice product. No more 10-15 minute waits while swapping tunes. Very nice job Matt, Jeff and the rest of the Sp@rtan team! :bowfast:

Reaction score
Very clean looking! Does the SOTF knob only plug into the sensor that is in the cold side intercooler pipe?

Latest posts

Members online