Spar<>tan nGauge Users

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...

In the picture below you'll see BOOSTC (boost pressure corrected), EPS_1C (back pressure corrected), FRP_A (functioning fuel rail pressure), and FRT_A (fuel rail temp).

This is still in the beta phase at the moment because we have a few more things to get worked out (addition of TFT to 2011-16; addition of pre-turbo EGT's for 2015-16), but we are making fast progress on this.

I figure a lot of you will be happy to see that you can now monitor exhaust back pressure with barometric pressure already subtracted for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    953.5 KB · Views: 183

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm not sure how important TFT is to everyone since it's available on the dash, but that seems to be the most troublesome at the moment. As far as EGT's go, we're trying to determine which OEM sensor to use as an output since some things changed from 11-14 to 15/16.

I'm going to push for the release of the firmware that I'm currently beta testing, which includes all of the above PIDs functioning as they should be. That way we can start knocking out some of the nDash issues for 2013-16 users, and get BOOSTC and ESP_1C added to the 2011-12 nDash.

Other than EGT functionality on 15/16 trucks and TFT, are there any other PIDs customers haven't seen addressed that need to be? I feel like we've gotten everything necessary covered, but input is always appreciated.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how important TFT is to everyone since it's available on the dash, but that seems to be the most troublesome at the moment. As far as EGT's go, we're trying to determine which OEM sensor to use as an output since some things changed from 11-14 to 15/16.

I'm going to push for the release of the firmware that I'm currently beta testing, which includes all of the above PIDs functioning as they should be. That way we can start knocking out some of the nDash issues for 2013-16 users, and get BOOSTC and ESP_1C added to the 2011-12 nDash.

Other than EGT functionality on 15/16 trucks and TFT, are there any other PIDs customers haven't seen addressed that need to be? I feel like we've gotten everything necessary covered, but input is always appreciated.

thanks for the updates !

cappa

Reaction score
It would be nice to have the spar egt using egr sensor with a egt probe from the exhaust as most ppl have the blocker plates in place anyways. I know is listed on my ndash but not accurate at the moment. What is tft?

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
the only thing I would like is egt with the e g r in place. I have no interest in taking it out. But at the same time its been almost a year with no egt temp so I guess its not a huge priority.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the only thing I would like is egt with the e g r in place. I have no interest in taking it out. But at the same time its been almost a year with no egt temp so I guess its not a huge priority.

AFAIK it will work with it in place .

ckrueg

Reaction score
Don't the 15+ have a pre turbo egt sensor in the passenger up pipe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Don't the 15+ have a pre turbo egt sensor in the passenger up pipe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, but if I remember right Matt said the pid is not broadcasted over the CAN network. That's why Matt has that custom harness they made.

strokin20

Reaction score
Yes, but if I remember right Matt said the pid is not broadcasted over the CAN network. That's why Matt has that custom harness they made.

That's one thing I've never understood. Why is a harness necessary? I'm using a stock probe from the exhaust and my little $5 Torque Pro app will read from that sensor in my EGR removal plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's one thing I've never understood. Why is a harness necessary? I'm using a stock probe from the exhaust and my little $5 Torque Pro app will read from that sensor in my EGR removal plate.

we're talking about using the existing sensor and not having to do any of that .

strokin20

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping they would be able to do. I guess what I was getting at is I never understood why the adapter plug was necessary, or why it has taken e-motion so long to figure out EGT reading when a guy on FTE figured out how to use it with torque.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We either locate the PID or we end up having to do the same thing we've done on the 2011-14 trucks, and that's use an OEM sensor in the EGR plate (EGT_SP for 2011-14 users).

cappa

Reaction score
We either locate the PID or we end up having to do the same thing we've done on the 2011-14 trucks, and that's use an OEM sensor in the EGR plate (EGT_SP for 2011-14 users).

I would like this. Seems just as easy as getting another harness. Is it possible to have it work like the 11-14 for now and have the other method down the road if ppl don't want to use blocker plates?

strokin20

Reaction score

I'm all for using the OEM sensor in the plate as that's what I'm currently using with the Torque app.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would like this. Seems just as easy as getting another harness. Is it possible to have it work like the 11-14 for now and have the other method down the road if ppl don't want to use blocker plates?

If we can locate the PID, yes. That has been the issue so far.

TexAg56

Reaction score
I would love it if we are able to use a stock probe in the blocker plate! I already have a probe in there and plugged in ready to go so this would be perfect if yall could make it happen. I know yall are working hard we appreciate it

cappa

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the updates guys. I know your working hard and dealing with some crap as well. I didn't realize that it wasn't found yet either. I just saw the spar egt using egr input in my ndash but found the reading was nowhere near accurate thou and assumed it just needed some tweaks to work. That was with a probe from the exhaust plugged into the stock egr harness.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Which PID is it you're trying to locate? The one for probe in EGR plate?

I believe it's EGRT.

Ok, thanks for the updates guys. I know your working hard and dealing with some crap as well. I didn't realize that it wasn't found yet either. I just saw the spar egt using egr input in my ndash but found the reading was nowhere near accurate thou and assumed it just needed some tweaks to work. That was with a probe from the exhaust plugged into the stock egr harness.

What year model?

Latest posts

Members online