IMG_0513.JPG

Is that the one you are looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
View attachment 45185

Is that the one you are looking for?

There is a sensor labeled 'EGRT' on the top side basically in the same location we use an OEM sensor for EGT's on the 11-14 trucks. What I'm attempting to determine is if this sensor, by itself, can be used to monitor pre-turbo EGT's.

Is a 15, mods in sig

That is why EGT_SP does not work properly for you.

strokin20

Reaction score
The PID listed above is what I use to monitor pre-turbo egt's with my Torque Pro App in my 2015. I have an OEM probe out of my exhaust installed in the EGR blocker plate that is plugged in to the EGRT plug.

strokin20

Reaction score
So, yes, I'd say that sensor, by itself, can be used to monitor pre-turbo egt's on the 15-16 trucks. Or at least for sure the 15's because I'm using it.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The PID listed above is what I use to monitor pre-turbo egt's with my Torque Pro App in my 2015. I have an OEM probe out of my exhaust installed in the EGR blocker plate that is plugged in to the EGRT plug.

So, yes, I'd say that sensor, by itself, can be used to monitor pre-turbo egt's on the 15-16 trucks. Or at least for sure the 15's because I'm using it.

Thanks buddy!

TexAg56

Reaction score
I was hoping this was the info they needed! I am with you tho man, if they could make that work with a $5 torque app I figured E-motion could figure it out. I would be very happy to use a probe from the deePF in the egr blocker plate!

cappa

Reaction score
Yeah me too. I don't really care if they find the factory probe or not. Would just like the probe from my blocker plate to read. Not sure why it has taken so long. Waited forever for the ndash to come out only to realize I can't read boost or egt. The only two things I really need to monitor.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We have been working with E-Motion for several weeks now to get the nGauge functioning like it should for you guys. There have been additions (BOOSTC, EPS_1C, ECT, etc.) and fixes (FRP_A and EGT_SP). I have been testing beta firmware v215 for several weeks in my 2012 without issue (minus EGT_SP as I don't have a sensor). I do, however, have confirmation from one nGauge user that EGT_SP does work with an EGT sensor in the EGR block off plate for 2011-12 trucks. It doesn't look like 2013-16 is fixed yet.

If you would like to try out this beta firmware, please send me an email. I'll get you the firmware and instructions for updating. Please note that this is a BETA firmware, so if there are any bugs let us know ASAP so we can get with E-Motion for the fix. Also keep in mind, once you have updated the firmware, you cannot go back to the previous firmware.

spar<>[email protected] (remove <>)

Angela can help with this as well, so don't hesitate to contact her with any questions you may have.

angela@spar<>tandieseltech.com (remove <>)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
So far I've only had 5 requests for this firmware. Everyone who has requested it should have it in their inbox.

DieselDog

Reaction score
I installed new firmware for Ngauge this morning. The firmware works great PIDS now accurate. EGT PID now works I can see pre-turbo EGT'S with blockoff plate installed into right manifold. New scaling option for certain gauge options. I would like to see the boost gauge scaling be able to go higher the 30 psi on the round gauge option 0 to 30 max visual scale only. I don't know if there is a option haven't found it yet but it would nice to be able to change background color to make readings more visible. When sunlight or light hits gauge digital numbers almost disappears have to block sunlight to see readings while driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cappa

Reaction score
I have a 15 running ndash. Boost seems to be working now but I tried all the egt pid's and couldn't get an accurate egt reading yet. I have egt 11 out of the exhaust in the blocker plate plugged into the egr. I have one that reads but it bottoms out at 568 and I can hit 1400 like nothing on level 3 so that didn't seem accurate. Getting closer thou

Latest posts

Members online