Spar<>tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Spar&lt;&gt;tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

Agreed it's the TC lock. Orrrrrr, you are a level 7 diesel master and have unlocked gear 7.

It's funny you say that because if I didn't have the gear display I would swear it's a 7spd now.

So now can someone explain to me what the advantage is of having it lockup? Does it help put power down? When I notice it lock up I'm on the throttle light so it's literally like another shift with RPMs dropping 200-300. Don't really see the advantage in that scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Did you leave your EGR on Cat?

Physically it's still sitting there. But it's 100% blocked off. It's only serving as a coolant flow through at this point. But I believe I left the harness plugged in. Spartun said it was not a issue leaving the connectors plugged in.

I'm running a NL stage 2.

I did notice the 2 times this has happened since the first time we experienced a drastic ambient air temperature change. Went from 100* w/heat index around 118-120 to 78*F from a popcorn rain storm.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I get a P0402 egr excessive flow code since I added ******* tunes. I have the no limit stage 2 intake. Didn't get any codes with sct tunes and stage 2

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It's funny you say that because if I didn't have the gear display I would swear it's a 7spd now.

So now can someone explain to me what the advantage is of having it lockup? Does it help put power down? When I notice it lock up I'm on the throttle light so it's literally like another shift with RPMs dropping 200-300. Don't really see the advantage in that scenario.

Yes, full lock up puts substantially more "power" to the ground.

JRLott

Reaction score

vilim12

Reaction score
Yeah, the other day I was in it 50% throttle, pouring smoke out before it decided to downshift...

Thats my biggest complaint on these tunes. The refusal to downshift without having to hit 50%, and at that point its just a huge cloud behind me for no reason lol. I had a 6.0 on ******** as soon as it felt throttle input it would drop a gear and take off so nicely.

Sullys450

Reaction score
Same here. I'm not a fan of this tune. The shift and torque converter lockup drive me nuts. Then the truck lugs too long before it down shifts. Then when it finally down shifts a huge puff of smoke and it takes off.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Are you guys running the latest version of Warhammer where he raised the shift points back up?

Notneb

Reaction score
Are you guys running the latest version of Warhammer where he raised the shift points back up?

Yup, seems to be a lot better. But I also just switched to it, and have been out on trails all week. I have t spent much time in town where it would do the smoke show the most.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Spar&lt;&gt;tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

Up until today I only ran the 450 power level and the shifting seemed pretty harsh. I'm not sure if the shifting varies with each power level but I tried the 500 power level today and it seems to shift so much smother.

jran

Reaction score
Just installed the revised tune. I have been running the 600 QR. Didn't get to put very many miles on but was able to go through the relearn process for the transmission. So far I am VERY impressed with the power and shifting. A little afraid to get to crazy with it until I get some traction bars. Great job Sp@rtan!

Profuzz

Reaction score
agreed. all these trucks over 500 absolutely need them.

19c18777dc00f60bafa005b1593e09cd.jpg
. Or over 500hp and pull a load

Latest posts

Members online