Spar<->tan's 2015 Build

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
what is the ballpark on a built engine such as described minus fuel?

This particular project probably isn' t the best metric by which to measure cost, due to the fact that some of the parts are redundant (we bought a lot of new FMC parts and paid cores, multiple turbo kits, etc), but when all is said and done, this is about a 40,000 dollar project for us including the parts, machine work, shop labor, etc. This is also including injectors, pump, etc.

If done for a "normal" build, you'd probably be looking at around 25k buttoned up, with a competition trans. That, at least, does yield an engine that's safe well into the 1000HP+ territory. The short block itself is about 6500 dollars.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This particular project probably isn' t the best metric by which to measure cost, due to the fact that some of the parts are redundant (we bought a lot of new FMC parts and paid cores, multiple turbo kits, etc), but when all is said and done, this is about a 40,000 dollar project for us including the parts, machine work, shop labor, etc. This is also including injectors, pump, etc.

If done for a "normal" build, you'd probably be looking at around 25k buttoned up, with a competition trans. That, at least, does yield an engine that's safe well into the 1000HP+ territory. The short block itself is about 6500 dollars.

we quote in the 15-20k range for a motor similar to mine. i have a customer doing one almost identical to mine and it's about 17k with shipping .

tyler17berg

Reaction score
Is there an estimated release date for rcd's sxe kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Not sure why you need all this fancy stuff. Facebook toonerz said the 2015 turbah is good for like 50psi and ten-hunnet horsetorx

Jomax

Reaction score
Not sure why you need all this fancy stuff. Facebook toonerz said the 2015 turbah is good for like 50psi and ten-hunnet horsetorx

Wait, you mean my tuned 6.7 isn't pushing 800hp like they said on Facebook!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online