Spartan 350 Tune/DD?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to load it up and give it another go.. I have driven about 30-40 miles and I have noticed it drives better than 310,300,275 etc less sensitive throttle and smoother power delivery (Similar to my GH tunes on my F-250).

The thing about about the 250-310 tunes its so hard to control because of the throttle sensitivity.

Anyone noticed this about the 350? I think this will be the new DD tune has smooth shifts (smoother than 250, 310,275) the only shift that bothers me is 2-3 that shift is very harsh LOL but overall better DD characteristics.

Anyone ever try to DD the 350?

I know it wasn't designed to be a DD tune but a "sled pull" tune but, it drives better than the 300 and that's supposed to be a "DD" tune.

Last edited:

caprang

Reaction score
Subscribing....... Just got my spartan, will be installing this week, so interested in the conversation about the best DD tune.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know it's comparing apples to oranges but all my hot/high hp gh tunes always drove better with better mpg as well.

I have been wanting to get GH on this truck also been waiting for a cheap SCT tuner to pop up LOL.

Love my GH Race on my F250 with S366 best tune I ever had.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Subscribing....... Just got my spartan, will be installing this week, so interested in the conversation about the best DD tune.

Start with the 250 if you like the way it drives or need more power bump up to the 300 then 310 then 350. I DD 310 LL normally and get the best MPG but I got tired of the jumpy throttle sensitivity... So I thought to give the 350 a try again truck a F-350 CCSB DRW with 4.30's.

diesel2121

Reaction score
I ran 310 for two years. It was to touchy on the throttle for towing I just did egr delete and loaded the 210 tow the throttle is not touchy just shifts quick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I dont have a Spartan but the higher tunes in my dually are touchy. Its the gears, I have, 4.88's. I have driven a SRW wheel truck with stock gears and its not as bad.

skobiak

Reaction score
The 275 tune drives pretty nice too. It feels faster than the 310 on my truck. It also doesn't chop the throttle so hard when you turn the cruise off either. I find the 310 not very driveable (hard shifts, touchy throttle, etc.) and the 300 gets hot way too quickly for my liking. I tow 8000 lbs regularly with the 250 and it gets better mileage, and runs cooler than the 210 TP. My truck is a 2008 with just intake tune and exhaust and 3:73 gears.

+1 on being nervous about the 350.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I've only went as high as the 300 tune.. Ner vous to try the 350.. hehe

I noticed it drives better than 275-310 tunes , give it a try for a day or two and report back. Two things though you might want to know

No cruise control and 2-3 is little bit harsh other than that I love it because the less sensitive throttle.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The 275 tune drives pretty nice too. It feels faster than the 310 on my truck. It also doesn't chop the throttle so hard when you turn the cruise off either. I find the 310 not very driveable (hard shifts, touchy throttle, etc.) and the 300 gets hot way too quickly for my liking. I tow 8000 lbs regularly with the 250 and it gets better mileage, and runs cooler than the 210 TP. My truck is a 2008 with just intake tune and exhaust and 3:73 gears.

+1 on being nervous about the 350.

Same here about the 310 its been on the 310 LL for about a year now. I couldn't take the tochy pedal anymore since this truck is a DRW it is bouncy and that touchy pedal is enhanced. 275 just feels vey weak on this truck now feels like a 150 tune.

djr4x4

Reaction score
I noticed it drives better than 275-310 tunes , give it a try for a day or two and report back. Two things though you might want to know

No cruise control and 2-3 is little bit harsh other than that I love it because the less sensitive throttle.

A gave the 350 a shot.. There must be an issue on yours with the cruise control cause mine worked just fine.. I love the shifting on the 350 compared to the 300.. Way smoother... Sensitivity tho on my truck is thru the roof.. I feel like im driving a standard and making it hop.. lol... All the truck wants to do is go!!!! Dangerous tune it is.. Too tempting.. Smokey from h3ll!!! I'm dropping back down.. Cannot handle the sensitivity.. Way to sensitive.. :(...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
A gave the 350 a shot.. There must be an issue on yours with the cruise control cause mine worked just fine.. I love the shifting on the 350 compared to the 300.. Way smoother... Sensitivity tho on my truck is thru the roof.. I feel like im driving a standard and making it hop.. lol... All the truck wants to do is go!!!! Dangerous tune it is.. Too tempting.. Smokey from h3ll!!! I'm dropping back down.. Cannot handle the sensitivity.. Way to sensitive.. :(...

I wonder why this tune is less sensitive for me? as for the cruise I just realized that it was broken for the past year and I never got around to fixing the brake switch B on the MC.

Shifts are a ton smoother than 275,300,310.

What's setup is your truck? Job 1,2 or 3? Do you have adjustable pedals?

djr4x4

Reaction score
Its a job 3 truck.. adjustable pedals. hmmm. I've never payed attention.. I think so... I know its not the tranny/tcm etc.. Its all pedal.. Barely push the pedal and she wants to take off.. That's a stroooooooong tune for sure.. Its just way to sensitive with my foot. haha... Oh well.. Its all good.. I swapped to 275 for the time being..

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Its a job 3 truck.. adjustable pedals. hmmm. I've never payed attention.. I think so... I know its not the tranny/tcm etc.. Its all pedal.. Barely push the pedal and she wants to take off.. That's a stroooooooong tune for sure.. Its just way to sensitive with my foot. haha... Oh well.. Its all good.. I swapped to 275 for the time being..

If you have adjustable pedals put it all the way down makes a huge difference.

djr4x4

Reaction score
I have adjustable pedals and they were all the way down.. Guess I just have touchy truck.. oh well.. no biggie...

Latest posts

Members online