Spartan and throttle valve delete question

uga33

Reaction score
Anyone added the H&S intercooler piping kit with the throttle valve delete to a Spartan tuned truck? Any issues with the tuning and the valve being deleted?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone added the H&S intercooler piping kit with the throttle valve delete to a Spartan tuned truck? Any issues with the tuning and the valve being deleted?

none. ive sold MANY to spartan owners.

Reaction score
Nathan, do you know if it's making a difference if the throttle valve is simply unplugged on a Spartan tuned truck regardless of whether it has our piping on there or not? I have never had anyone call with issues with it deleted.

NathannialD

Reaction score
its just a matter of it being unplugged. i know for sure one guy has our twin tube and was having issues. he plugged it in and zip tied it out of the way and the truck is happy.

B.Warning

Reaction score
that damn plastic ic pipe breaks, often on long hauls after long duration of heat soak.

Hmm, I must have a ***in unicorn of a truck then. As much and heavy as I tow...never had a issue, 150k hard miles, Spartan tune pushing almost 40 lbs of boost, and still the original turbo.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, I must have a ***in unicorn of a truck then. As much and heavy as I tow...never had a issue, 150k hard miles, Spartan tune pushing almost 40 lbs of boost, and still the original turbo.

there is no science to it. but it happens ALOT . i sell alot of them to guys who tow heavy. some happen at 50k , some at 150k . its cheap plastic. some bone stock, some tuned.

Reaction score
There isn't any performance advantage using one kit over the other. They both showed the same results on the dyno. The only advantage to deleting the throttle valve is for appearance. The only advantage to using the OEM replacement kit that attaches to the throttle valve is that it can be used with a tuned or non tuned truck so if you ever wanted to return it to stock, you could leave it on there and not worry about removing it.

Reaction score
No problem. Like I said before, most of these trucks aren't making enough power to really see a difference in the two until you go to a larger turbo, in which case, you are usually changing all of the piping anyway. Good luck with the truck JR!

dseitler

Reaction score
With our Fleet it happens more on the Cab & Chassis 6.7 than the wide frame pickup. Best to get rid of the plastic and forget about it. We have never used anything but the H&S FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uga33

Reaction score
Update: Finally got around to installing (ordered the throttle delete kit) the kit today. Easy install. Truck is in limp mode. Got a CEL and she won't make over 13 psi of boost. She is slower to spool also. Gonna work some magic and get it straightened out.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Update: Finally got around to installing (ordered the throttle delete kit) the kit today. Easy install. Truck is in limp mode. Got a CEL and she won't make over 13 psi of boost. She is slower to spool also. Gonna work some magic and get it straightened out.

its just a click away for matt to fix .

Latest posts

Members online