Spartan vs. H&S

6.4lStroker

Reaction score
What kind of numbers are the Spartan tunes putting down compared to the H&S tunes? Which one has the better transmission tuning? I have the Spartan tunes for my 6.4 and I know that they are top notch, but I'm in the market for my new 6.7 and am looking for peoples opinions. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I answered on PSN, but im starting to wing out as most so ill post here.. Well im a little biased.. I dont like shift on the fly.. I dont think its right to have the same shift strategy on a 50hp tune as a 250hp tune.. I am gonna give my vote to spartan for tranny tuning due to the fact of having a transmission shift strategy per tune.. I have read that the spartan on the 6.7 is stronger than H&S

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Oh, there is no doubt about it, the H&S is MUCH better with many more features! I may be slightly biased though.... ;)

All in good fun. We are actually very glad to have a competitor on the market. It will help push the product to the next level of performance! In the end the customer will be the biggest beneficiary of the tuner wars.

Looking forward to hear more reviews of the H&S as well as Spartan's. Keep them coming!

billy4518

Reaction score
I do not have neither as of yet I am going with h&s. For two reason with h&s it is an adaptive trans set point so depending on driving habits it will tune to habits. My brother has a spartan tuner and has had nothing but trans issues. I guess. To each is there own I would rather give up a little power to keep the trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
H&s hands down. And the shift stratagy they use would be for the highest hp avaliable on the power settings. so you run a 250hp tune the trans is set to hold that. Only bad shift on the fly is banks, because they don't tune the trans

mattmal9

Reaction score
Personally I use the H&S and love it. Ive never used a Spartan so don't have much input on them. The upside to the H&S is that in the future depending on how far you go with the truck or if you just want to make any changes, the H&S has software (MCC) so that you can customize the tunes yourself or load customized tunes from tuning company. Not sure if that's possible with a Spartan. Just my two cents.