SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The 6.7s do seem to be picky with tunes.

I do find it weird that everyone seems to have trouble with the 2-3 ****. Even with my H&S tuning the 2-3 is the worst of them I can't tell when empty but when towing it is the only shift that doesn't seem just right.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Powell

Reaction score
The 6.7s do seem to be picky with tunes.

I do find it weird that everyone seems to have trouble with the 2-3 ****. Even with my H&S tuning the 2-3 is the worst of them I can't tell when empty but when towing it is the only shift that doesn't seem just right.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Agreed! I had an XRT Pro and the 2-3 shift was very announced even without the 36ft. The MiniMaxx I never ran on the standard tunes. I started off with a custom tune and trans tune from a buddy. The shifts were SUPER smooth and the truck was def. faster seat of the pants. I went with the SPE and the truck was even more of an animal, but shifts were all firm. Not bad for playing around but couldn't take it for everyday. Dan's softer trans file and the hot x tune though is pretty smooth now. Just got a new file to test. I will in a few hours on the way home from work.

If I knew I didn't have to pull the big trailer to haul a payload of the 996TT and 997TT or one of those and the Datsun I would be waiting for the SPE pump and turbo setup LOL! My brother has an '11 RangeRover Sport (Supercharged) and I just want to bust that things ass just like I wanted to his old SRT8 Jeep. Sadly the Jeep we went 12.9s @ 106 stock and the RapeRover (as he calls it) goes close to 110mph. :( So finally have to admit defeat to him.

Last edited:

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I switched mine back last night and no issues so far to tell!

I spoke too soon! Went back to the H&S tune and the 2-3 is rather rough like everyone has mentioned. But also. Say if I'm putting around in Walmart parking lot under light throttle. When it shifts from 1-2 it jerks hard. Much harder than normal or at least what I think it's suppose to.

Rowdy

Reaction score
From what I have experienced the 6r140 is a slow learner. Takes several trips for the tranny to learn the new tune and not be irratic. I was told to learn a tranny on a new tune to make 6 runs shifting through all the gears at 1/4 throttle then 6 at 1/2 throttle then 6 at 3/4 throttle and 6 at full throttle. I do this when I upload a new tranny tune and it seems to work for me.

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Wow, I only do it once and it seems to help a little then let it learn the rest on its on how I drive

Minzbig

Reaction score
From what I have experienced the 6r140 is a slow learner. Takes several trips for the tranny to learn the new tune and not be irratic. I was told to learn a tranny on a new tune to make 6 runs shifting through all the gears at 1/4 throttle then 6 at 1/2 throttle then 6 at 3/4 throttle and 6 at full throttle. I do this when I upload a new tranny tune and it seems to work for me.

That's interesting, I thought it was a pretty quick learner. I found the best way to get the tranny shifting good was to put a trailer behind it and then just drive it normal. It's been working great for me?

My only complaint was under very low throttle input (like just puttering thru a neighborhood on very lite throttle) it has a tendency to flair on shift?

Sorry, I know this is a spe thread, and I have H&S on mine.

No complaints, just an observation.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score

Didn't SAK learn that the hard way??

Rowdy

Reaction score
That's interesting, I thought it was a pretty quick learner. I found the best way to get the tranny shifting good was to put a trailer behind it and then just drive it normal. It's been working great for me?

My only complaint was under very low throttle input (like just puttering thru a neighborhood on very lite throttle) it has a tendency to flair on shift?

Sorry, I know this is a spe thread, and I have H&S on mine.

No complaints, just an observation.

Well going from a agressive firm shifting tune with early torque converter lock up like the SPE back to a not as firm shifting tune and later torque converter lock up like the canned H&S tuning is what I am talking about. The tranny takes a while to learn the less aggressive shift points. You get the reving up between shifts like SAK experienced. My truck did it too.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Well having something going on in 3rd gear. Keeping the accelerator in the same position. the rpm's build up, hold steady then build up again and shift. 3rd is the only gear it is doing it in. Might not be much but I noticed it.

http://youtu.be/x30tKsQSu8g

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online