SPE Dual Fueler

SPE

Reaction score
The Turbo is an S480 with the larger 96 87 turbine and custom ex, housing. The pumps dont have to be timed because you now have four pump heads that are almost always out of sync. The reason we are going the Cp4 route is the fact that they are designed to live at 30,000+ psi, when the Cp3 was not. The high pressure makes for great tuning capabilities.
This truck is tuned to hold around 32,000psi at full tilt.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
The Turbo is an S480 with the larger 96 87 turbine and custom ex, housing. The pumps dont have to be timed because you now have four pump heads that are almost always out of sync. The reason we are going the Cp4 route is the fact that they are designed to live at 30,000+ psi, when the Cp3 was not. The high pressure makes for great tuning capabilities.

Now that sounds awesome! When are y'all gonna start running it? Or have you already?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

WHY NOT

Reaction score

Will there ever be any hope of just a modified single fuel system for these? If I ever get that far I don't want to lose my dual alternator set up to run the second fueler.

SPE

Reaction score
We will have some track vids and dyno numbers shortly. This truck will also have are 60 over injectors. We are hoping for big numbers truck feels very strong on fuel only. With spray in the mix it should make quite a bit of power. We will be selling these kits once testing is complete. Alot of are products are going to hit this year we thank everyone for being patient.

3brorce

Reaction score
32k??? Have you cracked any injector nozzles or anything yet with that pressure? How much can they handle or is there a first time for everything?

SPE

Reaction score
Thanks Jdub. The factory strategy commands 29,000 psi of rail pressure and will sometimes go above that by 500 to 900psi on a stock truck. So 1 to 2000 pounds more will not cause any mechanical issues. The same bosch fuel system sees around 35000+ in some of the smaller euro applications.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Will there ever be any hope of just a modified single fuel system for these? If I ever get that far I don't want to lose my dual alternator set up to run the second fueler.

The 2 barrelels scew out the top of the bores and the tungston plungers arefairly simple in design.
I think the hard part will be suction valves that don't wear out.

01PSD

Reaction score

I know II is working on a modified CP4.2... but I know folks had some bad luck with their modified K16s... Sooo yeah LOL

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
The way I see it, bumping up the rail pressure will help stretch 2 cp4's a little further before a modified pump would be needed. Also, if the nozzles crack at 32k psi, than they'll crack at the factory 29k psi.

Idiesel

Reaction score

I agree with him, I as well have the dual alternator setup

3brorce

Reaction score
Thanks Jdub. The factory strategy commands 29,000 psi of rail pressure and will sometimes go above that by 500 to 900psi on a stock truck. So 1 to 2000 pounds more will not cause any mechanical issues. The same bosch fuel system sees around 35000+ in some of the smaller euro applications.

Good to know!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.