Spe what happened to this

White KRanch

Reaction score
Hello brothers, I replaced my H&S EGR coolant caps with some cracks around (but with 39,000 miles ok 4 me) with the spe "upgraded" caps and went for a ride and look what happened

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 281

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
SPE, H&S, Street Diesel, etc., are all the same kit. Some are just private labeled. It's a terrible design. Capping off a pressurized system with vacuum plugs is just stupid and cheap. The sinister kit is a *bit* better but I use that term loosely because it's still a poor mans fix. Dead heading the system and not allowing full operation as intended is what I believe to be less than ideal. If I felt there was enough market drive, i would finalize and start milling my 6.7 solution kit I have drawn. Unfortunately with no available tuning to new 6.7 owners, it makes the market very small. As well, offering up something that is a quality, american made kit that allows the system to maintain functionality, while others whore out steel bar stock delete plates, would be hard to compete with price wise. I know it would be worth what it's price point was but the market is driven by price shoppers and people don't understand why some things cost more than others until they have bought the cheaper version of "x" with "y" and then experience product failure, resulting in them buying version "x" the second go-round.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
That would be the prototype kit you are referencing. That particular piece of the first design didn't make it into production because, as i said, the vacuum plug is cheap and stupid. Now, imagine trying to cap off two 3/4" ports versus a 1/8'' nipple. Crazy

907DAVE

Reaction score
My bad....could have swore that cap made it on a truck or two.

Carry on.

SPE

Reaction score
Hello brothers, I replaced my H&S EGR coolant caps with some cracks around (but with 39,000 miles ok 4 me) with the spe "upgraded" caps and went for a ride and look what happened

Our apologizes for this happening. This is the first one with such an issue. Even ours are still holding up just fine. If you would like a full refund, please send us a private message with your info.

SPE

Reaction score
SPE, H&S, Street Diesel, etc., are all the same kit. Some are just private labeled. It's a terrible design. Capping off a pressurized system with vacuum plugs is just stupid and cheap. The sinister kit is a *bit* better but I use that term loosely because it's still a poor mans fix. Dead heading the system and not allowing full operation as intended is what I believe to be less than ideal. If I felt there was enough market drive, i would finalize and start milling my 6.7 solution kit I have drawn. Unfortunately with no available tuning to new 6.7 owners, it makes the market very small. As well, offering up something that is a quality, american made kit that allows the system to maintain functionality, while others whore out steel bar stock delete plates, would be hard to compete with price wise. I know it would be worth what it's price point was but the market is driven by price shoppers and people don't understand why some things cost more than others until they have bought the cheaper version of "x" with "y" and then experience product failure, resulting in them buying version "x" the second go-round.

Our our made at OUR machine shop by us. We do not private label or even "farm" ours out. We personally water jet, stamp, sand, & polish each & every kit. Our kits are also have an aluminum intake plate & an aluminum cooler plate & the exhaust manifold plate is stainless. So therefore ours are like none currently on the market.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Our our made at OUR machine shop by us. We do not private label or even "farm" ours out. We personally water jet, stamp, sand, & polish each & every kit. Our kits are also have an aluminum intake plate & an aluminum cooler plate & the exhaust manifold plate is stainless. So therefore ours are like none currently on the market.

Thats interesting, the pictures posted of your delete kit looks identical in every single way to the Street Diesel kit, as well as the H&S kit.

SPE:
http://spediesel.com/powerstroke-delete-p-1718.html

Street Diesel:
http://shop.streetdieselperformance...Kit-for-2011-Ford-67-Powerstroke-67EGRkit.htm

And since H&S has pulled their production line up off the website, I'll snap some pictures of their kit that I have here. Looks identical to your picture. For you having something like nothing on the market, it actually is the exact same. Reminds me of 6.0 delete kits. Alas, had you read my quoted statement, you would have clearly seen where I stated that they are all the same kit, some are just private labeled. Some, being the keyword. I really had no intention of blaming SPE for the kits flaw, but since you are admit it is in fact YOUR kit, I'd love to hear what the reasoning is behind capping off the feed and return port of the secondary systems radiator with two vacuum plugs?

*on edit*-
Here's a pic of the H&S kit:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/6_7_delete_kit.jpg

Here's a pic of the Flo-Pro kit:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/Flo-pro.jpg

Last edited:

White KRanch

Reaction score
Our apologizes for this happening. This is the first one with such an issue. Even ours are still holding up just fine. If you would like a full refund, please send us a private message with your info.

Spe thanks for your respond. I don't want a refund. I just want to share and alert you what could happen to any of us, and you guys can think and build a better option to make this trucks more reliables with aftermarket parts. I know you guys do an awesome work for this beasts. Thanks spe

powerstroker67

Reaction score
We to build our kits in house and do sell them to other diesel performance shops privately labelled. The caps we run in our EGR delete for the H+S tuned trucks are Napa caps designed for coolant not just a vacuum cap. Our EGR cooler delete kit for the Spartan tuner loops the coolant with 3/4" gates heater hoses and a steel coolant pipe that relocates the coolant temp sensor for the Matt's tuning because his is still monitoring the water temp in the intercooler system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online