Speedometer fix for 37s and SCT

78f100

Reaction score
Will it let you change revs per mile? I can't remember on their tunes if you can change it or not.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Only options are like 26" to 34" tires. Then gear changing and that's about it. No revolutions per mile like every other ford I've had lol

Reaction score
Hyper tech speedo calibrator and set the tuner parameters for tire size back to stock levels. I was running one before I decided to get the Livewire from IDP.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the options they do have. 26" to 31" are basically useless for our trucks. If I remember correctly on other Vehicles they had tire size all the way up to 40" +.
What gears do you have in your truck?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
You could change your gear ratio to 3.31's in the tuner with 34" tires. That should get you a little closer if you haven't tried that yet. I had to do that before with a different truck.

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I'm not sure if these trucks go by MPH or by RPM as far as the shifting goes. If it goes by MPH, It should actually be better because you will be a little closer to the correct MPH. If it goes by RPM you should still be good as the gear ratio change in the tuner shouldn't mess with your actual RPM, only your MPH.

PDT1081

Reaction score
You could change your gear ratio to 3.31's in the tuner with 34" tires. That should get you a little closer if you haven't tried that yet. I had to do that before with a different truck.

Charles

You do realize the speed sensor counts the rotations of the carrier? Doesn't matter what gear ratio you put in it, it's still going to count how fast it actually rotates. It's not like the old cars where the speed is measured in the transmission.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
You do realize the speed sensor counts the rotations of the carrier? Doesn't matter what gear ratio you put in it, it's still going to count how fast it actually rotates. It's not like the old cars where the speed is measured in the transmission.
I did not, However I do now ;)

OP I guess you are back to Square 1 now lol. Hypertech it is!

Charles

Latest posts

Members online