Sputter die , no start , ipr ?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Yesterday driving the truck cut out for about .2 seconds came right back, no issues after.
Today, on my way to work going up a hill, started sputtering a little, lost throttle for a second, comes back fine. Spits a couple more times and dies. Coast to a stop, cycle key , no start.

Code p1211. Cranking DC starts at 10, then goes up to 90%

Change to IP, cranks and cranks and builds 230psi.

Get out , pop the hood, the wire bail on the ipr is down, its plugged in, but I can push it in about 1/8th of a inch MORE bit it doesn't stay it kinda pops back out. . Is this normal? Or is the ipr taking a doodie

Get back in, starts up and runs fine...

Get back out

sent while staring at a windowed block

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Yay.... I've had this motor in for about a month. Sprung a leak on a head plug, lost a idler and then a tensioner , and now this. Taking it on a 2500 mile trip next week... Looks like I need to take lots of parts...

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I changed just the solenoid off of a ipr I had on the shelf, the issue seems to have disappeared. Also picked up another 800psi at Wot.

Are these magnetic ? Is that how they work

David N

Reaction score
Yay.... I've had this motor in for about a month. Sprung a leak on a head plug, lost a idler and then a tensioner , and now this. Taking it on a 2500 mile trip next week... Looks like I need to take lots of parts...

Sounds just like my luck.

With my original PMR motor, I drove it for 70k miles and never changed a sensor. Never touched anything but the oil.

With this newer forged rod engine, its been one damn thing after another. Its almost pissing me off. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.