squeeling

spanky24365

Reaction score
Been running morgans tunes for about a week now and suddenly the truck is making a squeeling noise on shifts. I am running the race file and the truck only has 4000 miles. Any ideas

truckman1974

Reaction score
Aw man....I'm sorry to hear that. 4000 miles and this? The dealer is probably not going to warranty it huh?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
This is starting to be a really common occurrence with transmissions now. My trans does it on performance and street with Gearhead tunes. Something doesn't seem right with these damn transmissions other than were throwing a ton of extra fuel and advanced ignition curves at them lol

I've got 20000 miles....

colecoop56

Reaction score
Mine makes a sound between the 4th-5th ****. It has done that for the past 30k. I am assuming that it is slipping when it does it because I feel a little loss in power. I just wish transmission were cheaper haha.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
The first time I noticed the squalling or howling in between 4-5 shift was around 50k miles ago. Tuned & deleted truck at 35k now have 85k trans hasn't had any problems to date. I typically don't drive to hard on my truck.

Sorry to hear. Good luck getting it straightened out.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Would it be worth just reloading the tunes again, and seeing how it does if it relearns?

I did a little test like that when I started getting the issue. I have 4 different trans tunes.

- Stock
- H&S
- Mild Gearhead
- Hard Gearhead

I found the following result's:

- Stock was the worst and it sounded like it was going to explode.
- H&S was second worst and it was just a little less than stock
- Mild Gearhead was an improvement from H&S
- Hard Gearhead seemed to work the best but you can still hear it from 4-5 and 5-6 when on street or performance tunes. I had it from 2-3 once too when I womped on it in second and let off just as it hit 3rd it squealed like a pig.

These results seem as they should be since the transmission is shifting quicker and harder with less chance to slip as it shifts. But re-loading the tunes didn't seem to help but I did just take it easy when I reloaded the tunes and haven't heard it since. I also haven't stomped on it in street or performance since this has happened. If my work truck isn't working it ain't making money!

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You have to go into the programmer settings and adjust the transmission belt tension

Latest posts

Members online