SRL+ Shifting

Jonathan

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing the SRL+ from Gearhead for my 05 I just bought. My biggest complaint with the truck is that when I'm in OD and I let off the throttle it unlocks the converter. My Duramax stays locked all the time above 47mph and I like the connected feel. Is it just my truck? Tow Haul doesn't seem to change anything. Will the SRL+ tune act any different? Thanks

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing the SRL+ from Gearhead for my 05 I just bought. My biggest complaint with the truck is that when I'm in OD and I let off the throttle it unlocks the converter. My Duramax stays locked all the time above 47mph and I like the connected feel. Is it just my truck? Tow Haul doesn't seem to change anything. Will the SRL+ tune act any different? Thanks

It will only unlock to shift and if u hit the brake I believe, I love my srl+ tune

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

2wd-fire

Reaction score

every srl i have stays locked after 45 mph until i hit the brakes

Jonathan

Reaction score
It sounds like my truck thinks the brake is being applied. Where would I start looking to figure this out, brake booster?

3brorce

Reaction score
No, get a custom tune and it wont unlock unless you have some other reason. Your truck is not really seeing thinking the brake is applied. All my custom tunes stayed locked after 45mph. Once I got below 45 or hit the brake it would unlock. Would stay locked if I rolled into it as well.

chappy

Reaction score
Yeh mine don't unlock untill I slow down to much or make it downshift my giving her the go pedal. Love my srl+ tune. Great for dailey driving except in the winter time. Gotta go back to stock then as even the 4wheel drive s useless wth the tune. My favorie thing about the srl+ is it downshifts and isnt afraid to. A lot of tunes want to hold the gear no matter what and this might result in pouring black smoke and high egts. I think it would be better with other tunes with a stock turbo but this pmax doesn't like to be lugged. With matts tune it isn't.

3brorce

Reaction score
I am the opposite in terms of lugging. I know strokers make more power when they are not lugged but I hate when it downshifts. Just like when I was in a 40mph speed limit zone it would downshift. I dont know what it is but I would rather have it lug with tq converter locked. I dont know maybe I am around Cummins trucks too much.

chappy

Reaction score
I am the opposite in terms of lugging. I know strokers make more power when they are not lugged but I hate when it downshifts. Just like when I was in a 40mph speed limit zone it would downshift. I dont know what it is but I would rather have it lug with tq converter locked. I dont know maybe I am around Cummins trucks too much.

My 7.3 I loved it to lug as well but with this 6.0,I don't.Just ain't got the low end.

Latest posts