SRP1.1 failure

TyCorr

Reaction score
Pictures? I have a leak somewhere since my motor went back together and im mot sure if its ipr or the pump and they are both brand new.

Tom S

Reaction score
You should post up some photos and specifics on how long you have had that pump.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Txted Marty there is rigns protruding from the back side of the pump letting oil fly everywhere. Ill get pics up tomorrow. I have has it for about 15000 miles bought brand new. No idea what caused it

m j

Reaction score
if you google "HPOP rear cover failure" you will find a few threads where even stock pumps blow the guts out the back.
srp1.1 uses a spirolock to replace the factory inside snapring to try and address that issue

ring_compare.jpg

sucks to hear yours failed.
I am very interested to see more pics as it comes out.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I'll take pics as well I caught mine before it could blow out its just leaking bad right now

spongebob915

Reaction score
if you google "HPOP rear cover failure" you will find a few threads where even stock pumps blow the guts out the back.
srp1.1 uses a spirolock to replace the factory inside snapring to try and address that issue

ring_compare.jpg

sucks to hear yours failed.
I am very interested to see more pics as it comes out.

I just bought my srp about a month ago The it has a standard snap ring on the back cover. I guess ill have to watch it..

neverkickn

Reaction score
Funny how people site "loosing the leaks" as a reason for going this route over duals. My bts pumps haven't leaked one drop ever. But they're complicated and take up a lot of spaceLOL

BTW, I don't feel strongly about any particular option, it was just an innocent observation and a little spooning of the pot.

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
I HAVE THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE SRP1. IVE PUT 75000 MILES ON IT. THE ONLT PROBLEM IVE HAD WITH IT WAS THE REAR PLUG ON THE PUMP CAME LOOS AND BLEW THE ORING, OTHER THAN THAT CANT COMPLAIN

TyCorr

Reaction score
Funny how people site "loosing the leaks" as a reason for going this route over duals. My bts pumps haven't leaked one drop ever. But they're complicated and take up a lot of spaceLOL

BTW, I don't feel strongly about any particular option, it was just an innocent observation and a little spooning of the pot.

Duals or gen 3?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I HAVE THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE SRP1. IVE PUT 75000 MILES ON IT. THE ONLT PROBLEM IVE HAD WITH IT WAS THE REAR PLUG ON THE PUMP CAME LOOS AND BLEW THE ORING, OTHER THAN THAT CANT COMPLAIN

Yeah ive got 35,000(minus two zeros) on mine and no problems! LOL

97stoker350

Reaction score
these are the best i could get. you can see the metal rings hanging from the back of the pump

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 273
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 223

96F350KID

Reaction score
remove pump. Place in press, press plug down into pump, re insert ring. Or send it to Gary and he'll do it! First one i've seen do that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.