SRP1.1 strikes again

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
My stealth srp took a crap. Soon as the oil got up to operating temp the truck would die and no restart. Messed with it for two days double checking everything. Then finally decided to change the pump. Put a 250k mile stock 17 degree pump on it. Truck fired right up zero issues. After that I just built my own gen3 setup. Zero problems

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I will keep saying it, I'll always recommend terminator pumps. Joey has been in the hpop business for quite some time. He may be a one man business but along with that comes quality.

Arisley

Reaction score
I will keep saying it, I'll always recommend terminator pumps. Joey has been in the hpop business for quite some time. He may be a one man business but along with that comes quality.

I agree. Even though I own an Adrenaline and very, very happy with it, Joey is the man when it comes to big oil. Gotta lean towards Bob with middle oil though. However, I have never heard a single bad word about Joey's middle oil either.

I have seen (on forums) Joey and Bob go above and beyond to handle any and all issues. They both understand about taking care of customers.

Bob Took the time to send out pumps in a test market, to see how they worked in the real world before releasing them for sale. I called and told him he was not getting it back. I was sending him money for the pump.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I liked your other post better, lol[/SIZEb /FONT]

Yea. IM not in the mood. It pisses.me the.***k off.

Maybe someday Ill post the email exchange. There will be people getting in line to take a whack at him. Other vendors too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My stealth srp took a crap. Soon as the oil got up to operating temp the truck would die and no restart. Messed with it for two days double checking everything. Then finally decided to change the pump. Put a 250k mile stock 17 degree pump on it. Truck fired right up zero issues. After that I just built my own gen3 setup. Zero problems

Thats how they all start to reveal that they are failing. Soon as the oil temp comes back.down it'll start. Before that though, watching a scangauge, it'll build about 300psi of icp.

Reaction score
I too had my billet stealth go bad. I sent it back. after 2 months of calling finally got in touch with Gary. He said he had not looked at it yet. He said he would fix it that week and send it back. I got it back the next week as he said. But I don't think he ever even opened it up. It acted just like it did when I took it off. I took it off and threw it in the junk pile. Lol I'm now running a HB Jr. It's holding 2800psi and my injectors are 300/400's. Pretty impressive for the nozzle I think. It will get me by till the SR. comes out or till I save the money for a gen 3. I normally would feel bad for a man's business failing but he did it to himself!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The longer you wait the less it's worth.
good point

man this just sucks to hear that more and more of these threads are popping up and more guys are piping up and saying what issues they have had..

im with Arisley on this one.. my adrenaline has lived a hard life and hasnt missed a beat... I personally havnt ran a t500 but have always read about how joey takes care of his customers... I have a hbj still in the box so I cant vouch for that one yet.

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes it did, so the Dans srp while he was at DPC!

They probably didnt install them right either lol.

The first gen were hit or miss.after about 20k miles. The second gen were 5k mile wonders. Or 2k mile wonders in some cases.

m j

Reaction score
I have exceeded 5k and 2k milestones with no issues from the HPOP.

sure would be nice to have a thread that discussed what actually fails.
so far it seems the odd spring or the rear cover.
both of those items are OEM parts I am guessing.
if anyone has a source for springs that dont break I am in for a set.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have exceeded 5k and 2k milestones with no issues from the HPOP.

sure would be nice to have a thread that discussed what actually fails.
so far it seems the odd spring or the rear cover.
both of those items are OEM parts I am guessing.
if anyone has a source for springs that dont break I am in for a set.

Why arent stock pumps doing the vomit of death into the valley? Why arent stock pumps eating the spring? Why arent stock pumps having severe gear slippage?

Either something being taken apart isnt being reassembled properly or no specific care to tolerances is being used.

I dont understand why you think its the end users job to disassemble a crap 1k dollar pump that is pure profit margin? There is literally ZERO support for the product. People sending failed pumps into him and after months he still hasn't figured out how to repair their pumps and finally just ships it back as it was received. There is WAAAAAAY too much of this going on.

He needed to sack up and fix the damn things. Instead he went on a bender and bawled all his customers out and created a huge ***kin PR nightmare in the process. Which is too damn bad that it hurt his feelings that everybody is mad at him. Ya think Gary?

If oem parts were the cause mj, dont you think he'd be.fixing these things rather easily?

I suspect this srp was a final cash grab before he shuts down Stealth and starts a new.venture with all the machining capability he bought with the srp run. "Too bad, so sad, thanks for buying me a new machine shop so I can start screwing cr customers by getting into the hpfp market."

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Why arent stock pumps doing the vomit of death into the valley? Why arent stock pumps eating the spring? Why arent stock pumps having severe gear slippage?

Either something being taken apart isnt being reassembled properly or no specific care to tolerances is being used.

I dont understand why you think its the end users job to disassemble a crap 1k dollar pump that is pure profit margin? There is literally ZERO support for the product. People sending failed pumps into him and after months he still hasn't figured out how to repair their pumps and finally just ships it back as it was received. There is WAAAAAAY too much of this going on.

He needed to sack up and fix the damn things. Instead he went on a bender and bawled all his customers out and created a huge ***kin PR nightmare in the process. Which is too damn bad that it hurt his feelings that everybody is mad at him. Ya think Gary?

If oem parts were the cause mj, dont you think he'd be.fixing these things rather easily?

I suspect this srp was a final cash grab before he shuts down Stealth and starts a new.venture with all the machining capability he bought with the srp run. "Too bad, so sad, thanks for buying me a new machine shop so I can start screwing cr customers by getting into the hpfp market."
good post ty

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online