SRP1 Status and News

Bean

Reaction score
There are tons of rumors spreading about SRP1's right now. They are not being discontinued and are on a slight hold while new parts are being tooled up for.

Some new internals are being designed currently for future SRP1's. One of the very few remaining stock parts is not holding up as well as hoped so an all new billet one is being made to replace it. The price will jump up on future SRP1's to compensate for the cost of the new billet pieces. I do not have a cost on the price jump yet so dont ask.

Anyone with an older version of the SRP1 can get thiers updated once these parts are finished and proven, just send it in and pay for the cost differance in pumps. If you pump breaks it can be warrantied with parts just like it already has or you can pay for the upgrades. The new pump will also be coming with a much longer warranty, somewhere around forever.

If you have questions about this please wait for more news to come out, please do not call Gary and bug him it will only delay the pumps even further if he is on the phone all the time.

Thanx, Bean

Bean

Reaction score
I dont have any time frames, I am sure it will be atleast a month or two to get the new peices designed, milled and tested thuroughly.

Tom S

Reaction score
I am glad you posted this update. I hope the improvement are 100% successful.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its good to hear that they are looking into bulletproofing the srp1. Seems a couple guys have big miles on them already...20-100k with no issues.

MRT1

Reaction score
So if your pump breaks due to weak parts it will be fixed with the very same weak parts that broke. Shouldn't the broken pump be fixed with upgraded parts as a warranty?

Bean

Reaction score
Yup thats no problem as long as you pay for the upgrade. With the small amount of markup on the pumps and the expense of the new parts there is no way to replace all of them for free. If he did then there would be no pumps at all because Stealth would be out of business. Once upgraded to the new parts the warranty also goes up to lifetime as well.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I think I would be up for the upgrade, my pump failed a month ago and Gary took care of it,but I would feel better with a lifetime warr. Quit at the worst time loading the boat shut the truck off. Went to restart, just cranked 10pm at the landing,boat in water, left phone at cabin. Had to get pulled out TRUCK and BOAT by a fricken half ton chevy:shrug:

Bean

Reaction score
Stuff like that never happens in the driveway it seems. Always the worst possible times, just Murphy doin his thing.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Mine failed again, truck down AGAIN,now I am waiting for Gary. Two failures in 4000 miles.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mine failed again, truck down AGAIN,now I am waiting for Gary. Two failures in 4000 miles.

Really? I havent heard of any failing that quick, much less multiple times over. What else could be goin on?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Right! Im gathering that. You dont really hear about it that often. Ive heard of two now. We dont know anything about the failures though. I noted that it was unusually odd that the previous poster had two similar failures back to back. That is what I was interested in, as Id already assumex there were failures prompting this re-engineering.

Bean

Reaction score
From all the ones we have done and sold it seems like either they have an issue pretty quick or they dont have a problem at all. Once the new ones are out then it should address all of those issues.

Latest posts

Members online