Stage 1 of my build is done...what to do next?

PRECISIONVISION

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 6.4 and wasn't very impressed with its power so a few upgrades later and I feel a little better. Current upgrades have been:
Ceramic Coated Pistons
New springs
New rockers
S&B Intake
SCT Livewire TS
5"Turbo back Exhaust
DPF Delete
EGR Delete

What would be the next upgrade to take this chit to the next level
b065ff581c238649d88b80af0fb4c141.jpg

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
I would say camshaft, turbos, injectors, manifolds, up pipes, wastegate, another pump. Should perk it up. You did coated pistons and didn't do a cam at the same time?

PRECISIONVISION

Reaction score
To be honest new to the diesel world. Learning as I go..Sounds like I gotta get the piggy bank back out... Just had it retuned last night after 7 hours straight it finally put me back in my seat but always searching for more power ...what about meth injection kit ?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Stay away from water meth... Not worth it. If you have any questions on atmosphere turbos, feel free to shoot me a message, I've tested most of them on my truck lol. I can get you prices as well.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Another vote for JD's advice...that will give you the best bang for the buck. It would be help if said you goals and budget.

PRECISIONVISION

Reaction score
Budget not really an issue. My first goal is to break the 750hp mark and then go from there. Not building a track truck just a street machine ...

97stoker350

Reaction score
Duel fuelers, 30% and highpowers. Will put you @ 800-850 probably. Stick around here these guys will kep you on track. Oh and a trans. I've heard a lot of good things about Midwest diesel trans

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I'd start with this...Should hit around 600hp give or take

Custom Tunes (Gearhead)
Ported intake manifold
No Limit Intake
Drop in Atmo
Studs (Did you stud it when you did pistons??)

Beyond that start saving for a tranny, then you can go bigger. If you want to go bigger fuel and air after that, get the tranny in, sell the atmo and go from there.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Budget not really an issue. My first goal is to break the 750hp mark and then go from there. Not building a track truck just a street machine ...

To get to 750 (unless it is a very generous dyno), you will need to add fuel so that requires a LP system, dual fuelers, and injectors. For 750 HP, you will need to upgrade both turbos...you would be pushing it with drop-ins but the 76/59 or 75/59 should get you there with the proper tuning and fuel. You will also need a WG. If you go too big on turbos, it will hard to spool until you get the fuel so unless you don't mind going through multiple turbos, I would make a goal and pick the nozzle size and turbo accordingly. You will also need a WG and built tranny.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
My vote is no limits air intake, ported intake manifold, 6.0 ported manifolds, 6.0/ 6.4 up pipes, wastegate, high powers, midwest dual fuelers, low pressure fuel system (my choice would be a fuelab with a fuel bowl delete from side action diesel since I think its the cleanest kit out there but thats my OPINION), have injectors flowed and balanced(rcd) , 60% nozzles, transmission, and traction bars.

Black AOD

Reaction score
My vote is no limits air intake, ported intake manifold, 6.0 ported manifolds, 6.0/ 6.4 up pipes, wastegate, high powers, midwest dual fuelers, low pressure fuel system (my choice would be a fuelab with a fuel bowl delete from side action diesel since I think its the cleanest kit out there but thats my OPINION), have injectors flowed and balanced(rcd) , 60% nozzles, transmission, and traction bars.

This. ^^^ Very good build list!

add stage 1 or 2 pushrods and some built and ported heads (EDE, midwest, MPD) also and maybe a BOV

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.