stalling while warming up.

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Getting below freezing here now and my brothers late 99 will start good and run fine till his factory high idle kicks in. As soon as it idles up the truck will caugh and die. He has gotten two codes out of it, one is low injector pressure and one is low back pressure. He just changed the fuel filter. It also runs really good after the motor warms up past 60-80 degrees. He monitoring with his edge Evolution and has allready returned to stock setting with no change.

Thanks for the help.

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Thank you Tom. That definately seemed to be part of it. Think we may have it. Mouse chewed up EBPV wires. Also come to find out he was WAY over due for an oil change. Told him to unplug and to change oil. Will check back in soon if this doesn't help. Back thing is the truck has to be stone cold to seeif it worked.

Greatly appreciate the input. That is why I love this place. I have learned enough to figure this out. Still nice to hear ideas though instead of going in blind.

Again thanks Tom.

Tom S

Reaction score
I was thinking when it went to engage the EBPV there was a short or something there freaking out the PCM. Not sure but that was the only thing that I could think of that would kinda make sense.

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Was kind of weird to me too. Had to do this over the phone with him. Basically it was "flooding the truck" if that makes since. When it would go to die it would shudder make a big Fart and then it would puff a big cloud of white blue smoke the shut off. Restart was a very long crank. But then by the time it would get ready to go high idle again it would be warm enough to stay running. Forgot to mention it is straight piped. He also said something about a hole in the line to his wastegate. Didn't get the color of the hose though.

Sorry getting long winded here, hopefully this has it fixed. We will find out soon though. Will post up more info as it comes in and maybe this can help someone else at some point. I swear one of these days I will make a constructive contribution to this site.

Latest posts

Members online