starter locked up??? help

97stoker350

Reaction score
Up until this weekend truck had sat for about a month not being ran. Last couple days of driving it, it's ran fine started fine. Today I went to start it and when I go to turn it over all I hear is click down at the starter. I can hear the gear meshing with the flywheel but that's it, won't turn it over. Anyone ever experienced this and can help. I know the batteries are good so its not them

AzPsd55

Reaction score
My truck did this, i also thought it was a dead starter, went and got a new one same thing.
i cleaned up all my connections real good with steel wool, truck fired like nothing was wrong. its worth a try b4 you get a starter.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well it has sat for about a month so it was a little slow turning over. Truck will run because I had to bump start it ( manual) so it's deffinetly in starter or electrical system. I will clean the cables wen I get back to it. Like I said it meshes with the flywheel like it's gonna turn it over but that's all it does. No power to turn it over

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Starter is toast. If the battery's are dying and it cranks so it's hard on them. Also next time I suggest getting a wrench and spinning it over by hand like suggested or you might be in for one or two rods if somehow your injector in leaking

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well it was the starter. Took it to Ford company and had it checked. It would pop out but wouldn't turn. Charged me 225 for a reman.. hopefully it's worth a fiddlers ***

Latest posts

Members online