Steering Wheel Shake on Bumps

dstryr

Reaction score
Running the Carli 2.5 Pintop kit with a BDS dual steering stablizer. Seems like when I got my truck out of the shop something loosened up in the suspension. Before it went in I could take on bumps and not even feel them. Now if I hit something on a certain spot on the front tires it vibrates the wheel and the wheel turns a bit on its own.

I'm going to crawl under neath it tomorrow morning (it is 107* right now) and was wondering what I should look for? Anyone ever deal with this?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Take a look at the track bar. Had one with hiems and they were just loose enough that it would do similar. New Ford bushing track bar took care of it. May just have worn bushings.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

dstryr

Reaction score
Take a look at the track bar. Had one with hiems and they were just loose enough that it would do similar. New Ford bushing track bar took care of it. May just have worn bushings.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

I'm going to check the torque on the frame mount for the trac bar. It is a brand new Carli bar with maybe 1000 miles on it.

dstryr

Reaction score
The truck was fine before I took it into the shop 4 months ago...something happened when it was torn apart. Truck only has 42k miles on it. Trying to figure out what to tighten up...

Aaron S

Reaction score
So the truck was completely stock suspension wise and now this is the first time driving it since installing Carlis 4.5 inch lift with the pintop kings?

Aaron

dstryr

Reaction score
So the truck was completely stock suspension wise and now this is the first time driving it since installing Carlis 4.5 inch lift with the pintop kings?

Aaron

No. Truck had Carli lift and rode perfect. Went into the shop...came out and now I have issues.

Aaron S

Reaction score
When the steering wheel has unwanted movement it is usually something loose on the trac bar or the drag link.

Have you had someone turn the steering wheel left and right while you lay under the front and check all of the joints out?

What was done while the truck was in the shop?

Aaron

dstryr

Reaction score

dstryr

Reaction score
Took it to a good 4 wheel place and my tierods were worn out and the bushing for the trac bar on the axle was worn out as well. Getting it replaced today / tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online