Still Puking

Cknox121

Reaction score
After taking the truck to the track about 2 weeks ago, I was practicing launches and noticed coolant on the frame. Popped the hood and it had puked. Figured it might have been over filled, because I did some more launches the next day and no puking... Fast forward tonight and it puked going down the track both times. Coolant is around the lower line when it's cold. After going down the track it was at the low line while hot. Any ideas? Cracked head? Gaskets? Truck it studded with o ringed heads. I'm not even sure how to diagnose it.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
How old is the cap?
If it is at those lines now, I would bet it might be over filled. Mine is a little lower than yours cold.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Ill try it.

Riddle me this, why when I shut the truck off do I hear air bubbles in the tank? To low of level?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Either pressure is getting into the system - Not Good
Cap is bad and not holding pressure and the water is boiling out - Better.

swinky

Reaction score
Is it holding pressure?

One thing I will say is go find a 5 gas analyzer. Go to a fire station or maybe a vehicle inspection station and ask for a sniffer that detects carbon monoxide. Put the sniffer in the jug and check for carbon monoxide levels.

My truck was puking for three months and I just didn't want to believe the gaskets failed. Once I used the sniffer I knew 100% I had a serious head issue and honestly was happy because I knew for sure what was wrong. Don't waste your time with that blue dye crap.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Either pressure is getting into the system - Not Good
Cap is bad and not holding pressure and the water is boiling out - Better.

It's not holding. After a 30 mins drive I opened the cap and had zero pressure.

Is it holding pressure?

One thing I will say is go find a 5 gas analyzer. Go to a fire station or maybe a vehicle inspection station and ask for a sniffer that detects carbon monoxide. Put the sniffer in the jug and check for carbon monoxide levels.

My truck was puking for three months and I just didn't want to believe the gaskets failed. Once I used the sniffer I knew 100% I had a serious head issue and honestly was happy because I knew for sure what was wrong. Don't waste your time with that blue dye crap.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Good idea. We have the safety air monitors for work. Maybe I can shove one of them in there

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I had a case of the bubbles too when I removed my degas bottle cap.... Hopefully yours doesn't turn out like me was! Lol

Cknox121

Reaction score
What happened to you? I hoping its the cap and it's just getting really hot going down the track.