Stock fuel numbers???

MINK

Reaction score
Tow x was what I had been looking at, just want to do it once.

Wasn't Jeff at spartan going to try the 76 with the factory vgt?

Yeah, I know he talked about it acouple months ago but then I havnt seen anything happen.

I'd love to see what it will do.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Well got off the phone with Wayne. He seems very impressed with the new stock appearing 76 setup. He recommended fuelers and small nozzles to help drive the turbos.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about single? Not that im a fan of singles, but I did see MPD came out with a budget single turbo adapter. Then maybe a 71 or 72mm turbo on stock fuel. You can buy a 71 or 72mm new for 900-1400 bucks depending on if you go with bullseye, borgwarner or garrett, if its ball bearing or journal, and wheel type

Also saw a "compR 68mm bullseye turbo" which may be a happy medium between a 66 and 72mm in terms of spool up on stock fuel.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
A 66 would be the route to go if you wanted to daily drive a single, dunno if stock fuel could push a 72 without some serious lag and hot egts, just from my experience with the single route

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well got off the phone with Wayne. He seems very impressed with the new stock appearing 76 setup. He recommended fuelers and small nozzles to help drive the turbos.

personally i wouldnt. high powers dont need to be "driven" . no matter what anybody says, dual fuelers can add headaches, and for the trade off i wouldnt do it. i would put the money into the air side with studs and tranny. JMO

smokinstroker

Reaction score
personally i wouldnt. high powers dont need to be "driven" . no matter what anybody says, dual fuelers can add headaches, and for the trade off i wouldnt do it. i would put the money into the air side with studs and tranny. JMO

So this is where I'm stuck again. Don't know which route to go.

Already have the BTS sitting here waiting to go in. Just need to decide on the motor so I can do it all at once when it gets studs

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Not hard. Stock fuel and hi powers. Additional fuel can be added later but in the mean time have a cool clean truck.

If I was to start from square one 5yrs ago that's the set up I would have gone with. Hind sight is 20/20.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So this is where I'm stuck again. Don't know which route to go.

Already have the BTS sitting here waiting to go in. Just need to decide on the motor so I can do it all at once when it gets studs

yeah man so many choices these days ! just depends on where you want to be and how you want to go about getting there. i love the idea of smoke free 700+ with faster than stock spoolup and a sound you will never get tired of. i think you need to gauge your desire for complication. turbos and WG are not very complicated. adding fuel is.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
yeah man so many choices these days ! just depends on where you want to be and how you want to go about getting there. i love the idea of smoke free 700+ with faster than stock spoolup and a sound you will never get tired of. i think you need to gauge your desire for complication. turbos and WG are not very complicated. adding fuel is.

This makes the idea of adding fuel fly out the window

I want a clean reliable 650-700 smoke free just makes it 10x better with all the damn cummins idiots around here.

From what I've been told the added air should help with the rear cylinders cracking as well ( could be totally wrong here) but I'd like to keep from building a bottom end if possible :doh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.