Stock height dual rate/progressive coil

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Does anyone make stock height dual rate/progressive coil? I don't want a leveling kit due to the fact I only run a 33" tire.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

onebadf150

Reaction score
I don't think anyone does. I've search alot in the passed and all I can find is people using softer ford springs.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I don't think anyone does. I've search alot in the passed and all I can find is people using softer ford springs.
Yeah thats what I have come up with. The aftermarket guys say a stock height progressive/dual rate coil would bottom out.

Any idea what stock ford coils guys run? Are they the f250 gas truck ones?

RSK

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I have come up with. The aftermarket guys say a stock height progressive/dual rate coil would bottom out.

Any idea what stock ford coils guys run? Are they the f250 gas truck ones?

they are 4800 pound coil springs will ride a decent amount better. I have 4400lb coil springs in my truck right now and I'm switching to carli 2.5" leveling coils and 35's right now i'm on street tires which measure 33" my reason for switching is hopefully a better ride, even though it rides much better on the 4400lb springs its lowered about 2" and 35's won't fit especially with -25 offset and no one makes a stock height progressive rate coil spring so carli was my choice for ride quality.

RSK

Reaction score
Your spring will only ride so well. Change your shocks if you haven't.

I intend to do it all at once.....should be night and day hopefully. my only issue is i have ADD and can't focus on just one aspect of my truck at once or even just one thing in general. I want to and do buy new equipment for my business all the time, while buying truck parts and parts for other stuff, if I could only focus for 4 weeks I could finish the exterior of my truck and work on suspension then go to the motor and actually finish stage 1....but then we have beautiful weather and I wanna go to the beach on the weekends that's 5-600 a weekend gone. between drinks, dinner and diesel and that's just paying for my food and drinks. :pint::blitzed: the struggle is Real!

Jesse_01

Reaction score
they are 4800 pound coil springs will ride a decent amount better. I have 4400lb coil springs in my truck right now and I'm switching to carli 2.5" leveling coils and 35's right now i'm on street tires which measure 33" my reason for switching is hopefully a better ride, even though it rides much better on the 4400lb springs its lowered about 2" and 35's won't fit especially with -25 offset and no one makes a stock height progressive rate coil spring so carli was my choice for ride quality.
What part number is the 4400 coils? Did the truck ever bottom out? Wonder if there are 4600 coils. Just a 1" drop.

My truck has a snowplow/camper package so its stiff in the front.

RSK

Reaction score
What part number is the 4400 coils? Did the truck ever bottom out? Wonder if there are 4600 coils. Just a 1" drop.

My truck has a snowplow/camper package so its stiff in the front.

My truck does too, so i know the ride you are talking about, i'd have to look at my receipt, i'm taking my 4400lbs out soon maybe next week. They sit between a 1/4-1/8th" from the bump stops so i would assume they hit the bump stops every bump i hit, but that's not harsh, it is harsh when the bump stop bottoms out though, that's rough, it doesn't happen going the speed limit anywhere, only if i'm doing 50-60 down this 1 mile long hill near my house that i travel on 5-6 times a day, if i got 30 the posted speed its fine, but i'm really curious as to how my carli springs will take this crappy road. I'll sell you my 4400lb coils but it drops the front end about 2"

RSK

Reaction score
The 4800 would probably only drop 1" or so.

probably. I run 33's right now with my 4400 coils fine. still plenty of room, they do rub on the inner fender liner but i could easily zip tie it back if it bothered me.

Latest posts

Members online