Stock rebuild ?'s

blk99

Reaction score
So i am thinking I wanna save $$ do rebuild my motor this winter but, honestly, i dont have a clue what it might cost....

motor has 308k on it and that rises by about 1k a week...

I am thinking i want just a stock type rebuild as i dont forsee going any bigger with mods....

I reckon machining is the big variable but what all do i need prices on, heads and bores, or?

Any info is much appreciated!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So i am thinking I wanna save $$ do rebuild my motor this winter but, honestly, i dont have a clue what it might cost....

motor has 308k on it and that rises by about 1k a week...

I am thinking i want just a stock type rebuild as i dont forsee going any bigger with mods....

I reckon machining is the big variable but what all do i need prices on, heads and bores, or?

Any info is much appreciated!

Seriously???

Your even slightly thinking about this, after helping me swap motors 2 times...

Find a low mile take out, swap it and move on.

The last motor I got for free, the one before that I was only in $400...

Otherwise the rebuild kits are $1000 or so, machining will run you $400-$700 for block and heads...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Seriously???

Otherwise the rebuild kits are $1000 or so, machining will run you $400-$700 for block and heads...
agree with joe 100%! I went the rebuild route and with some of the upgraded parts I spent a hefty amount on it when it was all said and done.. if you are staying near stock power levels then find a low mileage motor and swap it over..

live life full throttle

blk99

Reaction score
If i got lucky enough to find a motor like your last one, i would be all about it...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Seriously???

I agree with Joe 100%. Unless you are going bigger with mods later on just stick with a lower mile takeout.

I had 360K on my L 99 160/100's. Stock/original engine everything other than the injectors and HPOP ran 3500 + RPM everyday towed my trailer almost everyday and its still going strong. It also had very little blowby.

blk99

Reaction score
My last pickup had 499k on the original motor the day i got rid of it and it was tighter than this motor.....

Latest posts

Members online