Strange issue with my old truck

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well, my friend bought my 08 and is now having a strange issue when accelerating. This is his description of what he's experiencing, and I haven't had a chance to drive it or ride in it as he's about 500 miles away.

He's saying under acceleration, some of the time the truck will get to a certain point, and just drop all boost, pedal goes dead and the boost has to build all over again and drives like nothing happened. He says 90% of the time that it happens, its in a situation like going to pass someone on the highway(so somewhat hard acceleration), but then sometimes it just happens under light acceleration(like accelerating from a redlight). He also says it's not happening around a shift point either. No lights coming up on the dash, and he has reloaded the tune a couple times.

Specs on the truck: Egr delete, SCT with either gearhead street or hot street, exhaust, and intake but everything else stock.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Don't some tuners refuel for certain reasons? Temps, trans slip, etc
I'm not really sure.

What MPH does it occur?

He's saying it'll happen at different speeds just at 3/4 throttle. But most of the time from what I'm gathering 70mph and then going to pass someone and accelerates from there. I'm sure he's putting his foot in it, but I doubt hes mashing the pedal to the floor.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Need to check codes even tho there isn't a light.

Sounds like a rail pressure issue of somewhat. Could be plugged filters bad low pressure pump Ect

TripleE44

Reaction score
He's now saying it happens most when he rolls into it at 30 or so and then the issue surfaces at 40-50. Not over 50 according to what he remembers. He's gettin to the truck now and will check codes.

pog

Reaction score
possibly trans slipping causing defuel. just a guess

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well, when he checked for codes he got a b2900, u2011, u0100, u0115 u0101, p0000 and a p2456. Cleared those, and the only one that came back was the normal p0000 code.

He did just have a stereo installed so maybe some of those codes were tripped by messing with the batteries?

Also, fuel filters were just changed last week.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
tell him to monitor his FRP when it is happening. My truck did the same sort of thing when I blew a fuel line, except it didn't come back. lol

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Maybe he just recently switched to an early lock tune? Would make sense to me.

Latest posts

Members online