Streching a swb to a lwb...

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
How hard would it be to strech a ccswb into a cclwb. I dont have alot invested into the truck and im looking at putting a service bed on the truck. My budget is pretty small and the other option is selling the truck and buying another but how often do you find a crew cab with a zf6, manual tcase, sunroof and leather. I like the options of the truck just need it to be a little longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
No harder than making a long bed a short bed except your adding frame instead of removing it.

Would be a lot easier if you could find the rear section of a long bed frame to graft on. Just cut off the short bed frame and replace with the long bed.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Thought about that. But my truck has a flat bed on it. If i had a swb i would do it just to have a reg cab swb. But i need a shop and room for that many more projects

co04cobra

Reaction score
Easy! You can do it exactly like factory. Just need CClb rear section and do it like this

P1080551_zpsa107c14c.jpg

Reaction score
Since you are considering some custom fab work anyway, this is probably a moot point but a service body is made for a cab & chassis truck which has a different frame rail profile than a pick-up truck. I believe the c&c frame rails are flat and the pu frame rails protrude upwards. We put a dump body on a pick-up and had to make block spacers. It didn't matter with the dump body but depending on your service body, it might cause it to sit higher than intended. Just based on my VERY limited research, I believe some manufacturers (can) make a custom service body for a pu frame, but that market is aimed more at 1/2 ton trucks. Sorry I don't have solid data to contribute but just wanted to throw in my .02 cents. Looking forward to see your results...

EDIT... After reading again, it looks like you might already have a c&c since it has a flat bed?

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
It had a regular bed on it to begin with. I bought the truck not running for cheap. The bed was pretty much a eye sore. I couldnt find a inexpensive bed that didnt require paint to match so i found a swb flat bed that came off a f250. It was a simple bolt on deal easier than boltong on a tegular bed. As to service beds they make them for both types of trucks regular trucks and cab n chassis trucks. Alot of the trucks around here were pickup trucks with beds that got upfitted. The one im currently looking out is that way. The guy is selling the bed for 750. A new one in stalled is about 8-10x that price. I see then for around the 500-1000 mark often but swb beds are pretty rare. They also have very little room compared to a lwb bed.

Latest posts

Members online