Streetmax X

Reaction score
Well it was delivered and this is what this beauty looks like.
20170409_175735.jpg

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/20170409_175923.jpg
http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/20170409_175902.jpg
20170409_175907.jpg

It has a curved blade billet wheel and all the parts to install it in my 2011 including a 4" MBRP downpipe. I also got a 33% over HPFP and I'll be installing both in a couple weeks when I get time. I also had to get a vacuum pump gasket, 2 yellow, and 2 green o rings for the pump. I'll keep you all posted once I have it all installed.

Kxc

Reaction score
Before you get started make sure they sent the correct coolant line. There is an "A" and a "B" style that has a different tab location on the turbo end. Also be sure to replace the o ring on the passenger side coolant pipe where it goes into the cross over pipe, it's. A tough one to slip in !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the new SM X and the older 6670?

6670 is the same as it always was. Has a 66mm compressor and 70mm turbine. Streetmax x is the same as the old streetmax R but with a different compressor wheel. Turbine is still stock.

Reaction score
They sent the coolant line with the B and it looks to be the correct line. Do you have the part number for the o ring on that coolant pipe. I really want to make sure I have everything I need to do these with out having to get more parts.
The X has curved blades and is 66mm.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
6670 is the same as it always was. Has a 66mm compressor and 70mm turbine. Streetmax x is the same as the old streetmax R but with a different compressor wheel. Turbine is still stock.

What's the advantage of the new curved wheel vs the one on the 65.5R?

sootie

Reaction score
What's the advantage of the new curved wheel vs the one on the 65.5R?

I think the main reason for the switch was the old wheel was discontinued from the manufacturer but i could be wrong.

Only advantage I can see is maybe moving a hair more air in advanced fuel setups. Minimal at best though as the turbine is the restriction.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Gotcha so basically ill work easier with 17+ with the current tuning situation.

Also spool alittle quicker on 11-16 with the stock turbine?

Kxc

Reaction score
They sent the coolant line with the B and it looks to be the correct line. Do you have the part number for the o ring on that coolant pipe. I really want to make sure I have everything I need to do these with out having to get more parts.
The X has curved blades and is 66mm.

Sorry I don't have that number. I ended up using one I had on hand. I spoke with a tech at the local dealer and he said they always have trouble with that one going back together.

Kxc

Reaction score

Doesn't the SMR have a bigger turbine wheel than stock ? I think that's how they run much lower drive pressure ? Or maybe it's just the housing size.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Fuel will be your limit. i don't think you will see much of a difference in the top end until you throw more fuel at it but it should have more stock like characteristics with the smaller turbine. I'm sure Morgan or Jared will pop by and elaborate.

Moto52

Reaction score
Can this turbo work with emissions intact ? I live where we have to do emission testing every two years once the vehicle is 7 years old. So I have to be able to put it back to stock just for the day to drive it to get etested .

sootie

Reaction score
Doesn't the SMR have a bigger turbine wheel than stock ? I think that's how they run much lower drive pressure ? Or maybe it's just the housing size.

No it doesn't. Entire turbo is stock with the exception of the compressor wheel and machined cover. (May also have 360 thrust bearing can't remember)

sootie

Reaction score
Can this turbo work with emissions intact ? I live where we have to do emission testing every two years once the vehicle is 7 years old. So I have to be able to put it back to stock just for the day to drive it to get etested .

Ontario Canada?
Yes it can be run on 15+ as far as I know with no issues. The 11-14 may have some codes but I'm sure you could get Morgan to write an emission on tune to handle it and be fine.

Moto52

Reaction score
Ontario Canada?
Yes it can be run on 15+ as far as I know with no issues. The 11-14 may have some codes but I'm sure you could get Morgan to write an emission on tune to handle it and be fine.

Yes to Ontario Canada . I could try and change my address to northern Ontario so I wouldn't have to do etest anymore . But that's more of a pain to do that .

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Strretmax X

The StreetmaxR has stock turbine so 66mm. Like sootie said though has 360 thrust bearing.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapathatass

Latest posts

Members online