Streetmax X

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Make sure to post a vid. Want to hear that new wheel whistle :D

On their website it says the turbo is good for more than 650 whp... Iirc the old X was good up to 650 whp

Reaction score
Still having tuning issues. Keep getting the p228f fuel pressure regulator and p2073 mass air flow sensor. Both sensors have been replaced so it's not the sensors. Midwest says it's got to be my truck and won't work on the tunes anymore but I'm not so sure since my non vgt tunes don't throw any codes but the veins don't work. Looks like I'll have to get tunes somewhere else. So far it will run in the tow tune Midwest sent with codes but that's it so I'm not getting much performance out if it. In the street tune it has issues idling and in the race it won't idle, it just cuts off. Anyone have this issue and a solution?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Still having tuning issues. Keep getting the p228f fuel pressure regulator and p2073 mass air flow sensor. Both sensors have been replaced so it's not the sensors. Midwest says it's got to be my truck and won't work on the tunes anymore but I'm not so sure since my non vgt tunes don't throw any codes but the veins don't work. Looks like I'll have to get tunes somewhere else. So far it will run in the tow tune Midwest sent with codes but that's it so I'm not getting much performance out if it. In the street tune it has issues idling and in the race it won't idle, it just cuts off. Anyone have this issue and a solution?

call me monday i'll send you a test file to help eliminate the variables. no charge unless it works. 800-581-8986

gilgamesh

Reaction score

How's things been going? Any luck finding a solution?

bbc109758

Reaction score
What's diferance between tow max 65.5 and street max 65.5 mention in here? Will it spool good with 15 hvfp?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What's diferance between tow max 65.5 and street max 65.5 mention in here? Will it spool good with 15 hvfp?

either will spoolup good. the tow max a bit better. the towmax has been discontinued but i believe we still have a couple i stock, streetmax will make 20-40hp more but spool a little worse.

bbc109758

Reaction score
Bought a kit on ebay advertised as tow max r 65.5 billet with thrust bearing. Unless it should be a street max

Reaction score

Are you still getting these codes? Because after talking to PSE it seems you were still having fuel pressure codes with the tunes you got from them... it has to have something to do with the truck being on its 3rd HPFP.

Unfortunately we send out 10 of those exact same files a week and in the last year of sending those same sct files out we have never had one cause that fuel pressure regulator code. We even took that exact file, loaded it in a salemans truck and had no issues and even drove it for a week that way.

We are always glad to work with customers, but it takes cooperation AND understanding from both sides. If you have a legit fuel system problem I am not going to just turn off the code to bandaid it until you have a total fuel system failure.

And it's not the sensor that is an issue. It's the fuel pressure regulator bleeding off pressure, exactly like the code says or even possible that the injectors have a high return rate which is causing the rail pressure to fall low which is why you you can only run on tow setting.

Bought a kit on ebay advertised as tow max r 65.5 billet with thrust bearing. Unless it should be a street max

If it was bought on eBay then it was a 99% chance not our turbo.

Beware there has been found to be a lot of scam turbo's being sold out there using our name (wish I had trade marked it in hindsight).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you still getting these codes? Because after talking to PSE it seems you were still having fuel pressure codes with the tunes you got from them... it has to have something to do with the truck being on its 3rd HPFP.

Unfortunately we send out 10 of those exact same files a week and in the last year of sending those same sct files out we have never had one cause that fuel pressure regulator code. We even took that exact file, loaded it in a salemans truck and had no issues and even drove it for a week that way.

We are always glad to work with customers, but it takes cooperation AND understanding from both sides. If you have a legit fuel system problem I am not going to just turn off the code to bandaid it until you have a total fuel system failure.

And it's not the sensor that is an issue. It's the fuel pressure regulator bleeding off pressure, exactly like the code says or even possible that the injectors have a high return rate which is causing the rail pressure to fall low which is why you you can only run on tow setting.

If it was bought on eBay then it was a 99% chance not our turbo.

Beware there has been found to be a lot of scam turbo's being sold out there using our name (wish I had trade marked it in hindsight).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like a really poor ad description to boot LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Can this turbo work with emissions intact ? I live where we have to do emission testing every two years once the vehicle is 7 years old. So I have to be able to put it back to stock just for the day to drive it to get etested .

It might not pass. Visually, it'll pass with flying colors, but when these trucks do a self test, unless the turbo lights as fast as the very tight stock parameters require, it'll pull a CEL and codes for turbo performance failure on stock tuning. It's not an issue for a lot of people, but I don't know how extensive your emissions testing is. Keep that in mind when deciding what to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.