Strokethis build

strokethis_06

Reaction score
This is overdue. I picked up this ccsb fx4 in april of this year. Just over 50k on it and deleted since new. Brought it home and pulled it apart.

Currently

No limit egr delete
HD coated pistons
Midwest valvesprings
Midwest pushrods
Midwest 100 nozzles
Diesel Dr. Dual fuelers (probably change that)
Custom fuel system from tank to hpfps using aeromotive pump
6.0 manifolds
My up pipes
My single mount
Cast S475/83/.90
Warren Diesel full billet trans
Mcc tuning with mini maxx
Icon 4.5" lift
20x10 bmf novakane
35 toyo mts
ef35f71bf9fb6e85e2a54fbdb3e16260.jpg
ab3080a99f67cec00ddd7f904a12d94f.jpg

Just had the trans redone by Warren diesel. Just freshened up with new gpz clutches. It lasted a year and a half behind my 6.0 and 8 months behind this truck with no issues.

New plans
Compounds
Gt4094r hp
S595 lp
still undecided on gates I want to use.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Love to see 1000hp and 10 second 1/4. I know that its not easy though.

Again, awesome build. I don't know enough to give you definite advice on the WG setup. Wayne's (Madman) build is similar and if IIRC he has 2 gates....one to the atmo and 1 to the DP. Good luck on this build...it will be a monster when it is done.

strokethis_06

Reaction score
Again, awesome build. I don't know enough to give you definite advice on the WG setup. Wayne's (Madman) build is similar and if IIRC he has 2 gates....one to the atmo and 1 to the DP. Good luck on this build...it will be a monster when it is done.
I believe he has 3.

I'm not sure if I want to gate one or both up pipes. And what brand and size I am going with.

madman1234509

Reaction score
If you're doing this yourself, or have the ability to gate both banks of the engine then I'd do it. It doesn't make any sense to relieve pressure from one side of the engine and not the other. Especially on a build of this caliber that has the potential to make over 1k hp.

Also I'm using JGS waste gates. 40mm on the up pipes. A lot of others have recently used JGS gates on their builds. What's nice about them if they don't have a diaphragm or seal that has the potential to go bad over a period of time with high heat exposure.

strokethis_06

Reaction score
If you're doing this yourself, or have the ability to gate both banks of the engine then I'd do it. It doesn't make any sense to relieve pressure from one side of the engine and not the other. Especially on a build of this caliber that has the potential to make over 1k hp.

Also I'm using JGS waste gates. 40mm on the up pipes. A lot of others have recently used JGS gates on their builds. What's nice about them if they don't have a diaphragm or seal that has the potential to go bad over a period of time with high heat exposure.
I have been looking at jgs. What is your lp gate? 50?

madman1234509

Reaction score
I have 40s on both up pipes and a 50 on my intermediate pipe. Only reason the 50 is on there is because I had it from another project and never used it, or else I would have used another 40. Currently the 50 is being held shut completely with boost. No reason to gate around that big charger unless you're spraying the balls off of the truck. I've checked back pressure in the intermediate pipe and its never been more than 1:1 of what the big turbo makes, and we've pushed it to about 55lbs once or twice testing different gate set ups

Latest posts

Members online