Stuck in 4th

Kctk

Reaction score
I have a 2008 6.4 that won't come out of 4th gear. I still have R,P,N but the only forward gear is 4th. I brought it to a tranny shop they told me the internals look fine, it's just not getting power. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking tcm and I reprogrammed it with no success.

Any ideas of what to do next?

3brorce

Reaction score
My solenoids stick on/off every so often but I just have to shut the key on and off to reset them usually.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
They told you there is no power to the trans. If you continue to ignore this important clue it will NEVER shift again.

The transmission is shifted electronically. If there is no power to the trans then it doesn't shift. Find and fix why there is no power to the transmission. You have an electrical issue.

Kctk

Reaction score
I have turned the key off and on numerous times. When it has happened in the passed I wiggled the wire going to the tcm and it fixes the problem. This makes me think its a short of some sort.

Kctk

Reaction score
bought and installed a new tcm. Fixed the problem for about 3 months. now I am having the same problems. I tore out the trans wiring harness and didn't see any bad or cut wires.

Latest posts

Members online