Stud Question (Blown head gasket ruin them?)

dstryr

Reaction score
Most of you guys know about the **** that happened to me with my truck and HOD. I have two sets of studs, ARP and Elite in my garage just sitting there. They both have 1 torque on them. Are these okay to sell? I don't want to screw someone out of any money. I've been told they will be fine and they look fine. They aren't bent or anything (checked on a precision granite surface plate).

After all the abuse some guys put on the engines and reuse studs I'd like to hear opinions on if these are cool to sell or not?

78f100

Reaction score
Should be fine, Im reusing mine. Lots of guys have several tq's on them. Only reason they would be bad is if someone way over torqued them, stretching them.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Your golden goose mine have way high retorques and they are fine, both sets will be fine

dstryr

Reaction score
Thats what I thought. I posted them for sale and someone was concerned about them. Figured Id get the forums consensus. Trying to drum up cash so I can go pick up a project

Zmann

Reaction score
ARP told me in an email re torques are fine but only if no drama was present

so if it hydro locks, blows a head gasket (depending on why it blew) ETC it may have stretched

i would think they can Be checked for length ?

dstryr

Reaction score
I'll get ahold of ARP and Elite on Monday and verify the length to double check and post pictures with measurements.

Zmann

Reaction score
Nice job not trying to screw someone

I bet the spec fine ! but it's always nice to know for sure

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I never price stuff right, but I would say yeah. They should be as good as new so it seems like a fair price.

dstryr

Reaction score
For those interested in the studs I'm just waiting information from ARP and Elite. As soon as I get the dimensions back I'll have measurements posted for those interested.

Thanks for being patient.