Studded trucks blowing gaskets... why?

Sniper32

Reaction score
Had mine done last July arps and black onyx...cab was not pulled and heads were not checked. 2 months ago some how the two studs by the #5 cylinder backed out 60lbs! Just picked the truck up today heads decked (6 thou milled off one and 8 thou off the other) , oem gaskets, and the cab was pulled... heres hoping for better luck the second time.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did you do anything to the block or the heads? Deck? magnaflux....etc?

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
Mine has been studded for 60k-80k. Tuned, and run about 10 bottles of nitrous through it. Pukes when I drive the hell out of it. Passes a coolant combustion gas test every time. ***it!!!!!I add coolant and go on. Does better with a new water pump, thermostat and fan clutch.

what gaskets do you run?

Aljay

Reaction score
A/c box removed there is plenty of room .............. head bracket for removal/replace via cherry picker.

chappy

Reaction score
45k on mine since it was studded with stock gaskets . Started puking when the oil cooler plugged. Changed it and still puked a little. Changed to the updated degas cap and no puking since. I don't do any full throttle runs though but I do towing and playing at the sand dunes and it has not puked a drop. If it starts pukingI'll drive it till it dies probably.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Everytime someone says there gonna re torque they never report back with there findings. So one of you homos post up!

Chris

Reaction score
A lot of it has to do w/ block prep and assembly too. Just because a torque wrench clicks or beeps, doesnt mean you cant screw things up. there is a finese to it!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Alright Smut, I just noticed you have 1,160 posts and you joined the same time I did. You seriously need to get a girlfriend to take up some of that free time you've got on your hands. Or at least take a break and punch the clown from time to time.

chappy

Reaction score
I didn't know you were suppose to recheck the torque. What is the torque spec and I'll check a couple easy to get to studs.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I meant the o-ringed heads have to be retorqued from time to time. I don't think its necessary to retorque the stock heads. Never retorqued mine and its been fine. I have heard that once the Degas bottle pukes the cap isn't any good anymore and should be changed or it could continue to puke. Also, there was a TSB out stating the the cap should be checked and lightly sanded down with an emory cloth if a truck was exhibiting any slight puking, then to change the cap if it still did it as long as it passed a combustion gas in coolant test.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Alright Smut, I just noticed you have 1,160 posts and you joined the same time I did. You seriously need to get a girlfriend to take up some of that free time you've got on your hands. Or at least take a break and punch the clown from time to time.

Calm down:eek:fftopic

Sniper32

Reaction score
From what i know/have been told you are not supposed to need to retorque studa like you would for a Cummins. With that said i personally dont see how checking them every once in awhile is a bad thing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.