Stupid Fuel heater

Irishcream

Reaction score
Anyone know where the wires for the fuel heater originate? I switched to E-fuel but I guess I left the wire for the fuel heater hanging there and it shorted out the 30amp fuse thus killing the power to my ICM. luckily I've had this issue before so I knew the symptoms and which fuse to check. I'm just wondering where the power for the ICM and the fuel heater split. I had a buddy bring out a fuse to my truck but don't want this to happen again in the middle of nowhere. I hate when other mechanics leave wiring hanging there when I end up working on units so I don't want to just tie it up and wrap it in electrical tape. We all know how sticky that stuff is with diesel fuel around.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
If my computer hadnt crashed i had all the wiring diagrams. Best thing you can do is just start pulling it back outta the loom till you find out

Reaction score
Going backwards: It would go from the fuel heater connection into connector C1047 (fuel bowl harness connector which you may or may not have anymore). From there it will splice into a wire from the PCM. That wiring will then go to C138 (42-pin connector just inboard of and below the engine compartment fuse box, pin 35). After that it's to another splice with both of those to the engine compartment fuse box. You'd probably have to open the loom in between C1047 and C138 to find the splice (if that's where you want to terminate it). Hope that helps. Cheers!

Tom S

Reaction score
Patrick has always been one of the most helpful guys around.

Tom S

Reaction score
I just removed that wire at a connector when I did mine and filled that spot with grey death.

Irishcream

Reaction score
I think you are right, there is that harness I could either pull the pin in the harness. still leaves the wire but at least it's inside the plug.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.