Stupid question

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
A buddy asked me a question about unlocking an sct x3 from his 6.0 to sell it. I thought all you had to do was set the truck back to stock and it would be unlocked for the next guy to use on his truck. From my experience with my old gas F150 with an edge tuner, I know :morons:, that was the case. I tried searching around for an answer on here but came up empty. Let the flaming begin.:slap:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
They have 5 unlocks from the factory. You can only have one vehicle tuned at a time. in device settings it will tell you how many unlocks are left.

SmedingDiesel

Reaction score
A buddy asked me a question about unlocking an sct x3 from his 6.0 to sell it. I thought all you had to do was set the truck back to stock and it would be unlocked for the next guy to use on his truck. From my experience with my old gas F150 with an edge tuner, I know :morons:, that was the case. I tried searching around for an answer on here but came up empty. Let the flaming begin.:slap:

Silver, if you return the truck to stock you can switch it to another truck. you can use it on up to 5 trucks before it will be locked and it will only work on those 5 trucks. if you use all 5 vin locks, you can send it to sct and they can unlock it for a small fee. when ever the sct see's a new vin, it will use a lock. even simple as running a code.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Silver, if you return the truck to stock you can switch it to another truck. you can use it on up to 5 trucks before it will be locked and it will only work on those 5 trucks. if you use all 5 vin locks, you can send it to sct and they can unlock it for a small fee. when ever the sct see's a new vin, it will use a lock. even simple as running a code.

I agree with that except the running codes part. I have scanned a few of my buddys trucks and it does not use a unlock on my x3

SmedingDiesel

Reaction score
I agree with that except the running codes part. I have scanned a few of my buddys trucks and it does not use a unlock on my x3

Hmm it could be. Our SCT rep told us that when ever it saw a new vin it you lock it. This could be interesting. :confused:

Latest posts

Members online