Stupid Question

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but I am not a 7.3 guy. A buddy is looking into buying a used 6 position chip from another friend who wrecked his truck. As far as I know the chip is just a standard 6 position ts chip. Assuming the guy selling the chip puts his truck back to stock before removing it could the buyer just have the chip reburned and put it on his truck or is the chip vin locked to the other truck regardless?

DocBar

Reaction score
The tuner will just tune the truck for whatever PCM code the buyer has. Mail it to the tuner of choice, along with the PCM code and your friend is ready to rock and roll.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Does he have to remove the PCM to get the code off of it? Would you think it would be advantageous to just buy a burner considering he will be upgrading more and more over time?

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Yes you will have to pull the PCM for the code atleast on a superduty... If he thinks he is going to keep continuing to upgrade it, he could possibly buy his own burner, but he would need to ensure his tuner of choice is willing to send him tunes via email or however he needs to upload them

Latest posts

Members online