Super Duty injectors in an obs...worth it?

JUNE

Reaction score
if you get them free and free reburns on your tune you may as well will be a little snappier

TyCorr

Reaction score
You guys realize that stock obs injectors are some sub 100cc dismal capacity? A superduty inj is 120-150 depending on who you ask, what year they came in, and how good they are. As retarded as it may seem to some of you, a 30% nozzle on a set of free ad's would smoke the ****.out of a stock ac code.

Id personally renozzle ad's before buying any set of injectors with smaller than 80% nozzles.

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
What do you mean by renozzle them? I don't know jack about injectors. Is there a diy kit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you have to ask, you have no business working on injectors. Thats not.a.dig at you. Its a pretty critical piece of electro-mechanics. I was saying you could probably get someone to put a set of 30 over nozzles on them and make 360+hp.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt say rosewood. All options on the table a set of good ad's for free with 600$ worth of nozzle.is.cheaper than an 1100$ set of ac's. Bottom line its cheaper and since my last post was told that an ad with 30% nozzle could do 375hp. Thats about 30 more than an ac will do. An ac with any other nozzle is over 1500 dollars so the comparison neednt go there.

Thats alot.cheaper for someone who is asking about mods like this. 200 dollars is alot in that situation.

PSD715

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, exept for now you're talking about trying to push splits with larger nozzles, with a 15* pump. And probably a tired one at that.

TyCorr

Reaction score
E99 trucks did it...wtf is the big deal? I realize that ad's are oil hungry but if you think a 17° pump is running at a huge dc to run those you're ***kin high. A 15° pump that isnt ***king shot will run them. Charles runs 400/400s with a old, 15° pump. Ask him what he thinks of your theory. His words will be less kind than mine.

I hate to suggest things like maintenance and such but if a set of ad's drops the hpo systems dick into the dirt there are already symptoms whether the user cares to.recognize them or not. Hard starts, crappy warm idle, and possibly shti-smoky hard acceleration.

Again, a worthwhile upgrade over the worst possible injectors for a 7.3.

PSD715

Reaction score
Calm down calm down. I wasnt trying to call you out on anything. More interested in finding out something i may not know. I had never heard about bigger nozzles on stock ADs

I had forgotten he'd mentioned getting the hpop as well, so I'd swap in that and the injectors if you're talking real cheap. But not bother with the turbo setup.

I have no need to talk to Charles, thanks. Why don't you ask him if E99 came with ADs or ABs.

old man dave

Reaction score
E99 trucks did it...wtf is the big deal? I realize that ad's are oil hungry but if you think a 17° pump is running at a huge dc to run those you're ***kin high. A 15° pump that isnt ***king shot will run them. Charles runs 400/400s with a old, 15° pump. Ask him what he thinks of your theory. His words will be less kind than mine.

I hate to suggest things like maintenance and such but if a set of ad's drops the hpo systems dick into the dirt there are already symptoms whether the user cares to.recognize them or not. Hard starts, crappy warm idle, and possibly shti-smoky hard acceleration.

Again, a worthwhile upgrade over the worst possible injectors for a 7.3.

E99 injectors are 120 ABs not 140s, same injectors as 96-97 California splitshot AB trucks.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
They're splitshots...i explained sizes in the previous post. Grabbing individual.posts and commenting isnt a good.idea as we dont go over the information again that we already covered in each post.

I know, you know what you're talking about so no disrespect.

I hear about hpo issues all the time but people who tune their own junk are able to run a 400/400 on "those terrible weak.15° pumps" so alot of it is old worry.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wouldnt call tuning your own truck "live tuning". It is but anyway...it doesnt seem like the correct.vernacular.

I would however agree that it is indeed a product of the tuning as thats all it can be.

I honestly dont see what the problem is. My buddy ran a 15° pump with 4 different tuners. Dp tuner would.give him hpo codes(im not bashing them, the truck ripped with their tuning) but php, beans, and TW dont set the code. We swapped a 17° pump on his and tried the php and tw tunes and it.didnt change anything.

Ive NEVER had hpo issues. #except# i went from my stock injectors to a set of.175/80s and in a hot tune with a load it would start to.drop icp. Thing is, went back to.stock injectors and the problem wasnt there. Supposedly the ad's use more hpo. It was an international 17° that probably has 20k on it to this day. But couldnt hold icp in a hot tune with "stage 2s". Go figure that out. I had the tuning tweaked and it just couldnt keep those injectors happy.

TERRCO

Reaction score
Your already gonna be spending money on o-rings for the injectors, might as well buy new cups and replace them while your in there. And I don't recall your milage in case someone starts barking.

PSD715

Reaction score
I completely agree with the terminology comment. Lol. I tried to reword it, and just gave up.

7:1, more ccs, and 80% nozzles doesn't add up well for a 17, but thats still strange. Maybe someone hooked you up with some reverse hybrids. LOL

Either way, I agree with using them, if the person is gonna be happy with performance closed to a tuned super duty. If not, I just think its too much of an expense, after tuning for them, then spending the money on something like stage 2s or small hybrids only to spend more money retuning once again.

JD3020

Reaction score
^Unless you go with a tuner that has free re-burns. Thats what i did. Currently on my 4th set of injectors. LOL

I have to disagree with the whole HPOP keeping up fine thing though. I've ran stock injectors, AD's, 175/100%'s, and now 250/200% hybrids with oil side mods. I've also ran my stock 15* pump with 186k miles, a 17* IH pump with 130k miles, and now a 15* with 120k miles. The ONLY set-up that ICP hasn't just dropped off the face of the Earth on is the hybrids right now, haven't monitored it much but when i do look DC% hasn't really gone much past 65%. With Stage 2's and the 17* i could hit over 80% DC, and 1300psi. Now that was in a big tune. In the smaller tunes ICP held a bit better.

I imagine those that are running big injectors "just fine" with a stock HPOP are running with the fuel pulled back a lot, or they have some freak of an HPOP.

Latest posts

Members online